All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 2:20 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

You have forgotten to mention the new inflatable pants by Gastro. When using the correct amount of wind, they can inflate to effectively disguise the tenting factor, and make for adequate bar protection. They come in various sizes, depending on bar size. Of course the airtight fit can be a bit restricting, and it is not advisable to remove them in within a 100m radius of any life form when they have been self-inflated :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BigSmelly on 2002-09-24 15:21 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 2:26 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

and how aboput the nex X10 pants from Naish,

But will the upper or lower part be transparent?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 2:36 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Whatever pants you choose guys beware of using them in the upper wind range as blowouts have been known to occur

Jo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 5:41 pm 
The X10 ones will have the legs in the Scrim material and carbon/kevlar reinforcments at critical points to handle extreme bar pressure and upward movements. They will also have more hang time but when it goes down it stays down.

Not a pant for beginners, only for advanced users that will be able to keep it up for a long time... :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:50 am 
Medium Poster

Unfortunatly all those experts that manage to keep their bars in their hands for a long time may suffer from what has been reported to be a defect in design, especially affecting Naish and Wipika pants. even with all the reinforcement and waterproofing possible, the relationship between BAR and BLADDER have been forgottten. Many of these so called experts have suffered badly from BURST BLADDERS due to increased BAR HOLDING TIME> the only fix for this is to allow a fair amountt of spilling every now and again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:36 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Can somebody please point to me an article explaining these pants? I know nothing about them.

ThanX.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 4:54 pm 
Quote:
On 2002-09-25 12:36, Blow Me wrote:
Can somebody please point to me an article explaining these pants? I know nothing about them.

ThanX.

Man where have you been? Apparently you are one of the few who has not heard about the effect of kitepants on your kiting. Kitepants also enable you to pose as a kiter as well so you can even throw away the kite.
Kitepants also have a significant effect on bar size for some kiters. The bigger the bar you can achieve the bigger the pant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 7:39 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

With a name like Blow me, I could think of a whole lot of fun and exciting ways to take the piss out of the pants, unless of course your bar is too small to operate under such high stress conditions... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 8:25 pm 
I have made a RADICAL new improvement on my 2003 Kitepants, it's going to be revolutionary!!!!

Since I already have applied for the patent on this new technology, I guess I can talk about it here.

So, what has been done is that the lower portions of cloth have been removed, that's right! REMOVED! Which, in effect, is creating a much higher aspect ratio for maximum boost, and that cool, breezy feeling about your hairy legs as you sail along...

I'm thinking of calling them "Shorts".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:18 am 
Quote:
On 2002-09-25 21:25, Anonymous wrote:
I have made a RADICAL new improvement on my 2003 Kitepants, it's going to be revolutionary!!!!

Since I already have applied for the patent on this new technology, I guess I can talk about it here.

So, what has been done is that the lower portions of cloth have been removed, that's right! REMOVED! Which, in effect, is creating a much higher aspect ratio for maximum boost, and that cool, breezy feeling about your hairy legs as you sail along...

I'm thinking of calling them "Shorts".

Man I'm gonna copy those so called "Shorts", patent or no patent and use them all summer.
I've just got to figure out the correct bar size ratio so there is no excess bar length protrusion on the left or right side while kiting or looking at kitebabes.

[ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next