Kitesurf St Lucia

Forum for kitesurfers
Manxman
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Manxman » Tue Sep 24, 2002 5:19 pm

I am going to St Lucia in February. Just wondering if anyone has any information about kitesurfing there.

Manxman

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 24, 2002 5:30 pm

not sure but try checking out http://www.kiteh2o.com
they have a few destinations

Royce
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Royce » Tue Sep 24, 2002 6:46 pm

There is another post about St. Lucia. It is windy and a good sailing spot.

BigSmelly
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby BigSmelly » Tue Sep 24, 2002 11:50 pm

St Lucia, what country?
Was in St. Lucia, South Africa in Jan. Wind really blast through there, and the sea is an amazing mess of huge chop!! I would not know how to begin getting out there, and once out, I think I would crap myself every little fall. Those waters are not only shrak infested, but also crocodile infested!!

Then there's the estury, and lagoon. It is a 20 min drive into the nature reserve to get to the lagoon, and I am quite sure that it is not allowed to do anything on there, except guided tours. But then even it it were allowed, (and don't get me wrong, the wind was howling there - looked magnificent for kiting) would you really want to share the water, with a few thousand Crocs, and a few hundred Hippos?

What about Knysna? Any good spots there? What about on the lagoon there. Does the wind come in there steady enough with all the hilss and trees around?

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 30, 2002 6:56 pm

Club Mistral windsurfing now offers kitesurfing in St Lucia. This is a great spot and kiting is still new on the island.
The website does not mention kitesurfing yet but you can have a look at the windsurfing and other facilities at:
http://www.slucia.com/windsurf

Return to “Kitesurfing”