Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

North Rhino 2 : Prices!?

Forum for kitesurfers
Pedro Marcos
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby Pedro Marcos » Sat Sep 28, 2002 7:43 pm

Anyone know the prices for rhino2? im currently without a 12m kite because a sold my f-one mach1, and i think i would buy rhino2, what u guys think about the construction and performances? should it be better then X2 ?

JMF
Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby JMF » Sun Sep 29, 2002 4:41 pm

Hi

I'm a North Dealer in S.A and should be getting pricing Monday I will put prices up for you..... Euro,Dollar ?

marina
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Central Coast, California
Favorite Beaches: Central Coast, California
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Ventana, Mexico
Oregon Coast
Baja Pacific Side
Peru
Style: waves, jumping and wiggling
Gear: mixed
Brand Affiliation: mixed

Postby marina » Sun Sep 29, 2002 5:06 pm

I believe pricing will be the same as Rhino 1. 12m MSRP $1299

Marina
Kitexcite

KITEPROSHOP.com
Medium Poster

Postby KITEPROSHOP.com » Sun Sep 29, 2002 10:10 pm

please go to our website http://www.kiteproshop.com and click on North and request your best price for the Rhino 2.

kpipis
Medium Poster

Postby kpipis » Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:16 am

hi kiteproshop guys!!!!do i have to make request for every subject.Is there a place to see starting prices.wouldnt be helpfull to have them.thnX

Robert
Frequent Poster

Postby Robert » Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:21 am

HI,

FYI North Prices in holland:

North
RhinoII
semi- complete
€ 899,-

North
RhinoII
semi- complete
€ 969,-

North
RhinoII
semi- complete
€ 999,-

North
RhinoII
semi- complete
€ 1069,-

North
RhinoII
semi- complete
€ 1099,-

North
RhinoII
semi- complete
€ 1199,-

North
RhinoII
complete
€ 1099,-

North
RhinoII
complete
€ 1169,-

North
RhinoII
complete
€ 1199,-

North
RhinoII
complete
€ 1269,-

North
RhinoII
complete
€ 1299,-

North
RhinoII
complete
€ 1399,-

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 30, 2002 1:44 pm

Some retailers get really mad when they can't sell gear for anywhere near suggested retail price because of guys selling it at discounts to beat everyone else up, and some retailers do like to discount things and ruin markets. This would be the only reason I could see for having to request prices. Maybe they are discounters, but do it in such a manner as to keep it out of the publics eye, which in turn will help to keep the manufacturers who's gear is being discounted from knowing it and giving them a reaming or worse yet, taking away their account.
So, IMHO, it may be a good sign for the consumers wishing to pinch pennies that they are making you request a price since the price will more than likely be below retail(why else would it be kept a secret), but a bad way and bad thing to do to the industry in general. If people cant sell the brands for what the brands meant for them to sell them for, then people will stop carrying those brands. Several brands today aren't carried by many retailers because in the past it's been too easy to get one of their kites for cheap on the beach from one of their "good ole boys". It also leads to less sales and less money to do R&D with. So less R&D and slower progress with product advancement. These are just a few problems created by discounters. The list goes on and on and on. From what I see, alot of the kite manufacturers who had not much business sense at first are starting to learn this. It's a must of this industry is going to survive.

Support your local retailers if you have them!

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 30, 2002 2:14 pm

I'm all for supporting your local shop when the prices are pretty much the same. it is justified to pay 200$ more for the product if the local guy is going to support it.
Which for me means, help the rider if the kite as a problem, by trying to push to resolve it and not find a way to make more $.
But many time the kite you want is not available at the local shop and you need to look elsewhere.
It is a free market, and with the help of the internet a free world, get the best deal and the best service that's what its all about, weather it is with your local shop or the internet.
The market will adjust, the shops as well, the prices will drop and people will be able to afford 2 kites instead of 1...
let's the concurrence do it's job.....

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:06 pm

Support the local retailers my arse. In the UK we can get kites from RSA or even Europe as much as 40% cheaper. This can equate to £500 in our pockets on big kites. This can not be explained away by currency and market situations. It is quite simply the UK retailers or importers or both taking the piss out of the UK market. Support the lockal retailers? Support their fucking margins / Mercedes / BMW / Big House / etc

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:42 pm

On 2002-09-30 10:21, Robert wrote:
North
RhinoII
semi- complete
What's semi-complete? Kite LE and struts but no canopy :cool:

Return to “Kitesurfing”