Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Toro Kite Turning Speed

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:19 pm

I'm currently on North Toro kites of sizes 16, 12 and 10. I am currently using two bars, a 55cm for the 12 and 10, and 65cm on the 16. I want to go only with one bar, 55cm, but not sure how to to adjust the 16 without compromising the kite turning speed. Any suggestions out there?

Thanks,
Jimbo (from LA)

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Dwight » Tue Oct 01, 2002 11:44 pm

You can fly the kite fine on the 55cm bar. I fly all North kites with a 55cm bar. They put the big bar on so newbies can sine fly the kite. Once you learn how to kite better, you don't sine fly anymore, you ride more powered, and the 55cm bar becomes perfect. Try it and see if you don't agree, the kite feels good with the 55cm bar.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:04 am

Dwight, thanks for the advice. I haven't tried that yet. I'm sure at some point I'll have to sine the kite in marginal wind but worry the throw will be too slow. Interesting how slingshot advertises the 2003 kites to use only one bar from sizes 8 to 18. Can one assume all those kites have similar turning rate or designed as you described for bigger kites (powered up). Thanks, Jimbo

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Dwight » Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:12 am

Slingshot did a poor job of getting all their 2002 kites to fly alike. North did a great job of doing this. It is a good feature, that's why Slingshot got it right in 2003. When I bought my first North, Ken Winner told me his bar length, I copied it, and that's all I've ever used. You will like the 55cm bar on the kite, it's designed for it.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:25 am

Cool! It's good to know North was on top of this issue, which reinforces my purchase. I'll let you know if I like the 55cm bar on the 16 toro. The less equipment the better (yippee!!) Thanks, Jimbo :smile:

Return to “Kitesurfing”