Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Starting out on a X2 or Aero

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:03 am

I can vouch for the Aeros relauch ability: usually I ride my 12m Rhino (my only kite) but I did have an extended session on a 14m Aero last time I was at the coast, and can say that the relauch completely blew me away (or maybe I got luck twice) it was way (WAY) easier to relaunch than my north, but having said that I much prefered the flying style of my north.
Eitherway if you go any higher performance than the rhino I would say you are going to pay with the relauches, I have found they are a far cry from the ease at which the old 8.5 wipi I learnt on. The solution is not to crash, but it is inevitable in the learning stage.

Later,

PEte

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:41 pm

And AERO's aren't just for beginners either... If I get a high wind kite then I'll be getting an AERO as opposed to the X2. I even have an AERO as my low wind kite as well due to it's more solid pull.

THe only X2 I have is the 12 as it's got incredable lift to it and these winds are my favourite for boosting in...

I'm not a beginner either.... I've been kiting for nearly 2 years.... you won't out grow an AERO...

BLOWN AWAY :smile:

freefall
Rare Poster

Postby freefall » Thu Oct 03, 2002 4:08 pm

you re right about X2 guys . One of my friends bought a X2 last year when he is a beginner , he couldnt fly it probably and he couldnt water started probably ..Unfortunately i did the same mistake with a different brand . I bought a takoon skoop 8.5 and a curver 186 board .. But didnt fly it yet because i dont want to destroy my new kite by crashing on the ground .Right now i am trying to find a kite which i can use on land , snow , water. i have few brands in mind but couldnt decided yet ..
FLYSURFER.DE MANÃ

RocketRonnieRadox
Medium Poster

Postby RocketRonnieRadox » Thu Oct 03, 2002 4:13 pm

go aERO. i Tthink the previous posts say it all. And take lessons, it is worth it and you will be carving much much sooner than you will without.

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:03 pm

On 2002-10-03 17:08, freefall wrote:
Right now i am trying to find a kite which i can use on land , snow , water. i have few brands in mind but couldnt decided yet ..
For land use I use C Quads..... These kites are very cheap but perform well for land use... Infact they work bloody marvellous when buggying.... For water use I still prefer inflatables but C Quads handle gusty winds better and in some circumstances are better kites..... but don't crash one in the water...

BLOWN AWAY :smile:

Return to “Kitesurfing”