Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kiting in Hatteras (Info needed)

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:59 pm

Hi all,

Just getting into kiting and I've heard Cape Hatteras is the place to vacation. They also say the sound side is friendly to kiters, shallow and flat water. I appreciate any feedback regarding their experience and what the weather condition is like . I will be in Norfolk for business in October to November and would love to drop in for a week or two. Thanks all, Mike (Michigan)

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Dwight » Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:12 pm

All true. Lots of shops and kiters. Excellent lesson programs are run by most of the shops.

http://www.realkiteboarding.com is just one of many shops.

Weather can be anywhere from 50 to 80 degrees. Water will be 60-70.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dwight on 2002-10-02 18:19 ]</font>

Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:47 pm

Hi Dwight, Thanks. Looks like you're from the area so you should know the wind patttern. In general, is the wind fairly consistent year round, especially during that time? Kiteable most of the time? I'm asking because I want to maximize time on the water. I only have a Slingshot 10 and 14. I might get a bigger size if questionable. Thanks once again. Mike

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Dwight » Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:52 pm

Summer is the most reliable wind. Fall is the wind that makes us famous. It can blow 30 for a week, or be calm for a week, that time of year. If the wind is wrong for the kite you have, ask the shops for advice on where to go for more suitable wind. It can be 10-15 mph different in different kiting spots out there. This also applies to gusty wind. If it’s gusty, ask where the steady wind is.

Return to “Kitesurfing”