Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Psycho the killer

Forum for kitesurfers
dado
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby dado » Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:06 am

I need fresh news about this new great kite. I live in Florence (ITA) and the Italian reseller loose has not still published the latest news. I'm in contact with friends in DK and they told me the psycho is a new way of life. Are they completely mad? Or is it true? I use inflatables and foils and I have to complete my quiver for upper range winds. What about the psycho control in 30knot+?

mmunzer
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby mmunzer » Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:19 am

Hi Dado,

Who are you talking to in DK? I thought I was the only one who was onto the psycho.

I don't know about 30+ knots, but I am sure it would be possible. The day I was out with my 9.5 it was about 20 knots average and I was fully in control and not a bit overpowered and I still had the full trim strap left to go. So I think 30 knots is no problem with the 9.5. They also have a 6.5, so that will definately be okay in 30+ knots.

I really prefer foils for ease of use, ease of relaunch, and robustness. Now that the psycho jumps so much better and has more power control, I really can't see myself ever switching to inflatables.

Best regards,

Marc
GoExtreme.dk

dado
Rare Poster

Postby dado » Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:27 am

Thank you. My weight is only 58kg so I think I'll buy the 6.5. I hope to try soon this "monster". I think I'll have to set up the right lenght of the bridles for a perfect control. Some tips? Thanks.

mmunzer
Frequent Poster

Postby mmunzer » Thu Oct 03, 2002 12:17 pm

Hi Dado,

I don't think you will have to do any tuning on the bridle lengths. All flysurfer kites some very well tuned right from the factory. The psycho 9.5 is a prerelease version and it flies really well and is very stable. The production ones will be just as good.

So the only tip is to just fly the kite as you get it :smile:

Best regards,

Marc
GoExtreme.dk

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 03, 2002 5:07 pm

This is by far the best kite on market. Easy and powerfull. Great great kite. Flysurfer has improved the warrior. Depow system is a "next step" in advanced kitin.

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:22 pm

Ciao Dado,
Ho sentito un amico che é riuscito a provare un psycho ma solo in vento leggero, aveva anche un mastair e ha detto che il psycho non era gran che con poco vento, era meglio il mastair. Sembra che Flysurfer ha disegnato questo kite per vento più forte.
Depende per cosa ti serve. Dove (con che vento) esci normalmente?
Jo

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:26 pm

sq225917

picked up the uk demo kites last week at the euro championships.

the psycho has ridiculous amounts of depower, i think 25 knots on the 12 m might be possible for heavy weights.
realistically the 15.5 and a 9m would be a total two kite quiver. 7-35knots easily with good overlap in between.

if you are riding foils then you'll like the ease of use and simplicity but be blown away by the depower and jumping ability. double loops in 5mph on the beach with a 12m. no problem.

if you ride toe-nail kites then be prepared for a new experience, the bar action and depower is exactly the same but the handling and ease of use especially launch and relaunch is out of this world.

i don't think anyone will be winning the world cup on them, but there will be many lei riders making the switch this year.

the psycho is not as balls out as the x2, but unlike the x2 90% of its performance is available to any rider. with an x2 you need to be a superb rider to get all the performance out of the kite.

i'd reccomend you be nice to your dealer, because they will be shipping in the next two weeks.

sq225917
simonatwork@hotmail.com

dado
Rare Poster

Postby dado » Fri Oct 04, 2002 5:16 pm

Ciao Jo,

esco con tutti i venti da 5 a 30/35 nodi. Ho un mastair e lo uso da 5 a 10, fino a 20 un warrior e oltre solo gonfiabili. Lo psycho lo prendo solo per 30+. :eek:

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Fri Oct 04, 2002 5:51 pm

Perfetto

Return to “Kitesurfing”