Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

help and advice for new club

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 26, 2002 8:11 pm

Hi all,
I am after some advice. Myself and a friend have just started the first offical college kitesurf club in ireland. I think that it is in fact the only kitesurf club in Ireland.
Anyway we have about 40 members. We need advice on how to get sponsership (so if there is any manufacturer or dealer looking for publicity were your man), and also what type equipment to buy. There is just 2 of us with experience in kitesurfing while many of the others either windsurf, wakeboard, sail ,snowboard etc. There are also only a limited number of IKO instructers over here. So if anyone wants to come over for a trip. and donate some of there time, we will look after there expenses and ensure they have a good time.
Would be much obliged for any help or advice given.
GoodWinds.
Mailto: KITEDUDE@KITEDEMON.COM

slingshotucf
Frequent Poster
Style: foil
Gear: LF kites and foils, jim stringfeller foil
Brand Affiliation: LF

Postby slingshotucf » Fri Sep 27, 2002 2:07 am

hi i just wanted to clear some stuff up. i have the first official college kite surf club here in florida (started last spring). but it's ok since i didn't post it too much. i'm also lookig for sponsorship from companies. i have 2 people in the club that know how to kite with about 60 members and 10 of them are ready to get into the water. I would have more members but i don't want to get too big till i have a company to back me. If any company would like to contact me my e mail is nickucf@yahoo.com i'll tell you what i have done so far and what i need done. also if anyone else starts or wants to start a club for kite surfing, i'll be happy to tell you how to get it going and what works best for training. i would like to see more colleges get clubs for this so i can start up a league and get this sport up to the next level.
Nick
President-founder kite surf club U.C.F.

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 28, 2002 12:43 pm

Hi,I have no doubt that you had the first club. However I did say tha tit was the first club in Ireland (europe).
Anyway i would be grateful if you could send me any information. thanks. mailto:kitedude@kitedemon.com

slingshotucf
Frequent Poster
Style: foil
Gear: LF kites and foils, jim stringfeller foil
Brand Affiliation: LF

Postby slingshotucf » Sat Sep 28, 2002 3:34 pm

hey did you get my e mail that i sent? e mail me at nickucf@yahoo.com. i got some questions and some ideas for you. btw i was just messing with you about who was first. good winds-Nick

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 01, 2002 7:49 pm

come on guys wheres the kitesurfing spirit surly theres more help out there.

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:12 pm

I've already sent this out by private email to the rider in Ireland. However for anyone else thinking about starting a club or association some ideas appear at:

http://aka.kite.org

Under "Table of Contents"

Under "Kite Boarding"

and under:

V. Kiteboarding Clubs and Associations

It seens like we are going to need associations and clubs to help maintain access for kiteboarding in many areas. If you are concerned or if you just want to form a group for fellow riders, check it out.

Rick Iossi

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RickI on 2002-10-01 21:13 ]</font>

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 06, 2002 7:31 pm

it's too bad no one wants to help out with this new idea. there's a ton of money to be made in universities. it wouldn't cost much more than a few demo kites, promo stuff and some time (total write offs); to get some big sales. if any companies want to help or even stores, it'll be in your best interest. write to these kids, they're on the verge of something big.

Return to “Kitesurfing”