jarvis

Forum for kitesurfers
tristan
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby tristan » Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:53 am

I would like 2 know all the info u can tell me about the jarvis from slingshot 4 good and bad
thank u in advance
tristan

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 07, 2002 4:08 pm

I ride the Jarvis in 13-22knots on my fuel 14m and up to 30+ on my 10m. I weigh 200lbs and am able to handle a lot of wind but don't sink in the light stuff with it. GREAT board!!!

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 07, 2002 4:19 pm

might I suggest you utilize the forum search feature and put in a keyword like jarvis. their has already been quite a bit written here about those boards so you may not get much replies for this. trying to help you out.

chicagokitesurfer
Very Frequent Poster

Postby chicagokitesurfer » Mon Oct 07, 2002 5:58 pm

The Jarvis is meant to be ridden more skate, not like a wakeboard. There's a balance between edge and fin. Twisting the hips upwind will find you riding further upwind with less resistance due to the extra fins - which can be mixed and matched for more versatility of the rider or conditions.

The board is very well received and Doyle, the shaper of the boards, is very well known. Most people love their skate series slingshots but you gotta learn to ride any board.

V
http://www.chicagokitesurfing.com

Return to “Kitesurfing”