All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 2:55 pm 
Medium Poster

I'm looking for new kit to replace my 2002 11.8 AB for the new season and duno whether to get 16 or 18...? I think I'm more worried about the wind range than anything else...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 2:56 pm 
Medium Poster

Dam this forum is really trying to get my point across :grin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 2:57 pm 
Frequent Poster

Thanks Andoni for your very informative post.

You have talked on the kite's wind range rating the Rhino2 and the X2 similarly.

How about their de-powering abilities. I have heard a lot of X2 users saying how easy it is to ride the X2 overpowered, press on your back leg and it just shoots to the edge. Can the same be said about the Rhino2 ?? I presently ride the Toro's and although they are excellent in many respects, I have to admit that for my odd 65kg I don't enjoy the way you need to edge harder and harder all the time to keep them to the edge on the window. Will the Rhino2 offer a comfortable ride for us lightweights when using the kite on its high end.

Also what about when you push the bar away? Does the Rhino2 lose power instantaniously??

Could you ask that 65kg rider what the range of the Rhino 14 would be for him? I'm very interested to know!

Thanks
Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 5:18 pm 
Hi Andoni,
Thank you for your time and efforts! Please let us know if you or any of the testers are affiliated with, or sponsored by, Naish or North. This is a crucial part of accepting your hard (albeit fun) work as valid and unbiased. Thnx, Ethan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 5:27 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Andoni is from Windysite. He is a retailer that stocks a number of kites including Naish, Wipika, Takoon and Cabrinha. Hope that helps. (sorry if I missed out on any brands, I didn't study his page, just what I remember)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 5:37 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I you're looking for a new kite, you might want to check out the Slingshot 2003 Fuels and GTO, as well. The construction of additional panels allows the kite to be shaped differently to give it more power, without the need for extra bladdred-struts like on the X2 which contribute more to weight, than performance. The slingshot also boasts folded over doubled seams for rock-solid construction strength. A lot of work went into the construction and shape of the kite for maximum tuneability. Slingshot offers the new Fuel injector system with three line hookups at the front AND trailing edge of the kite so you can expand the wind range of the kite. Very flexible riding...

V
http://www.chicagokitesurfing.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 5:42 pm 
chicago, can you get a new fuel yet??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 7:19 pm 
Why does every thread seem to get hijacked by some Slingshot dealer? :roll: If the thread isn't about slingshot, keep it that way, please. In this case it's clearly about a head-to-head test of other kites. Test your slingshots head-to-head with others, post your observations (in a new thread) and convince us that you aren't biased.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 7:34 pm 
sorry just went with the flow of chicago

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:29 pm 
Medium Poster

Instead of Beecthing with each other..why dont all you No-name brands go register hmmm... its the least you can do!

:grin:

[ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next