chirojoseph
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All of Quintana Roo Mexico
Style: wave kite, wave FOIL kite
Gear: zeeko, Shinn, Fone, SShot, Naish, AXIS surfboards
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby chirojoseph » Mon Oct 07, 2002 7:52 pm

excerpt of an email to Eyal with my experiences of yesterday..

finally i can reply to your last message to me cause i rode an X2 16 right after riding my 14 takoon yesterday in marginal (14knt) winds.

of course, the 16 had some more low end power..but it turned the same speed as my takoon and gave me the same jump height. A little more bar pressure on the x2 but its also a bigger kite so who knows? I didnt feel like it flew any "faster" than the Skoop either.

I was kind of relieved because now i can keep riding my takoon and not have to worry about selling it and buying an X2!;) I would like to know if the bigger Takoon is as fast and responsive and if it would let me get out ripping in like 10 or 11knots...there are many days that i can JUST stay upwind on the 14.5 but cant jump or anything...i wonder how much more range the bigger takoon has?

anyway, you are right, the X2 has nothing over the Sk0op EXCEPT nicer colors and graphics!

ChiroJOE in MExico

Pedro Marcos
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby Pedro Marcos » Mon Oct 07, 2002 7:59 pm

erm, X2 as more upwind ability, more speed, more power and more lift.

Fabjet1
Frequent Poster

Postby Fabjet1 » Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:50 pm

Hey Joe,

tell me what you think about the Takoon if you have elbow pain, will it be a good kite for me/
How do U like Yours, can you do a small report?
Thks fabjet1

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 08, 2002 8:23 am

I'm really happy with my Skoop 17. I ride it with the bridles attached to it and find it to be very fast for such a big kite. Due to the bridles there are hardly any steering forces on the bar. Nevertheless I find the kite still very responsive. It get's you going really, really early and additonally has a huge wind range with a great top-end for a kite of that size.

Markus69

chirojoseph
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All of Quintana Roo Mexico
Style: wave kite, wave FOIL kite
Gear: zeeko, Shinn, Fone, SShot, Naish, AXIS surfboards

Postby chirojoseph » Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:56 pm

erm, de veras Pedro?? bueno, many people on this and other groups seem to feel they are parecido or that the takoon turns faster. I was comparing a BIGGER x2 to my 14 takoon and still didnt see much difference.

have you kited one right after the other these kites?

i like them both, but i think you may be wrong thinking the X2 is so much better.

saludos
joseph

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 08, 2002 11:11 pm

You rigth most of the people speek but they never try one after the other one. i ride Takoon 12,14,17 the are the best kite i ever had, most of the people think X2 is good because of the marketing they have but there are plenty nice kites with the sanme perfomance.
in my opinion Takoon is the best kite !!

Keep on boys

Vangelis
Medium Poster

Postby Vangelis » Wed Oct 09, 2002 12:17 am

I had to fly my wife's Skoop 8.5 for a day when I forget my X2 12m (don't ask why)...
The X2 12m turns faster than the Skoop 8.5.
Plain and simple. They both jump great though!

Return to “Kitesurfing”