foils vs inflatables

Forum for kitesurfers
Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Tue Oct 08, 2002 8:37 am

I agree, that is why it will be so hilarious seeing young inflatable studs gettin their asses whipped by psycho grannies.
Jo

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MissionMan » Tue Oct 08, 2002 8:45 am

I saw a post somewhere that Cabrinha has a team of paragliders looking into foils for them...that should say something about them...not sure whether the Psycho will succeed in competing against the LEI, but I hope it does. It'll really put a spanner in the works and change the outlook on the market. Then we'll have the LEI's vs foils in comps. Makes things interesting...

Sort of like the opinions on diesels a couple of years ago...now look at them...so much for dead...BMW won Nuremburg 24 hour in a 320D that does 0-100km/h in 5 seconds...

I wouldn't write off foils yet...kitesurfing is still a young sport and there are a lot of things that can change.

BigSmelly
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BigSmelly » Tue Oct 08, 2002 9:12 am

I am with Jo there. It is just a matter of time and people will be seeing more foils in international competitions. My Psycho 12.5 demo kite has landed today, so I am excited, and looking forward to giving an average mans review of the ultimate foil, coming from 1 year of experience on Airblasts! I am sure it is going to be an unforgetable experience..

To any Israeli's on this post, you will be able buy the Psycho through me. Check out the latest news on http://www.kitesite.co.il :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BigSmelly on 2002-10-08 10:14 ]</font>

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby murdoc » Tue Oct 08, 2002 1:36 pm

not opinion fact. how many people have died using foils? how bout deflatables? prove me wrong!!
oooh well ... it's not because 95% of all kiters use inflatables?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: murdoc on 2002-10-08 14:38 ]</font>

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Tue Oct 08, 2002 2:05 pm

what can't kill ya, can't make ya stronger!!!

chicagokitesurfer
Very Frequent Poster

Postby chicagokitesurfer » Tue Oct 08, 2002 4:26 pm

In 5 years, there will be no such thing as an inflatable kite. You read it here first, folks!

The new guerilla ARC will change the way people look at foils. Close-minded kitesurfers who care more about brand and appearance will be the ones to suffer when others switch for performance.

V
http://www.chicagokitesurfing.com

Henry
Rare Poster

Postby Henry » Tue Oct 08, 2002 7:20 pm

Foils and Lei's will both exist over 5 years :wink:

Just choose the kite that fit's you best...

I hope Peter Lynn has improved his quality management, else the G-Arc won't change a thing...

The Hi-arc isn't as good as it's prototype, the WARP, i hope this isn't treu for the G...

have fun, Henry

aklbob
Frequent Poster

Postby aklbob » Wed Oct 09, 2002 1:13 am

I think the rule of physics dictates that a single skin foil can fly at a higher angle of attack at a set speed than a dual surface foil, and in kiting (which is relatively low speed when talking about wind dynamics) , running a high angle of attack is beneficial in providing maximum lift.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:21 am

This is not what I see on the water, quite the oppisite.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 09, 2002 8:25 am

Well we'll see what happens on the water..... If Naish ever out with a foil...... then we'll know somethinz up!!

I'm turning into a stubborn deflatable user but the ARC breed is calling......

If i do go foil then i'm more likely to go Peter Lynn as opposed to flysurfer as there are NO pshychos in Auckland and NZ is the home of Peter Lynn with ARC's everywhere there isn't tubes.....

BLOWN AWAY :smile:

Return to “Kitesurfing”