All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 2:19 pm 
I am not that far yet - i am expecting a baby in december - but just out of curiousity: what are your experiences with teaching kiteboarding to small children?

I saw a kid of about 9 years old ripping it in a french magazine. Any younger ones around?

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 3:01 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

you might want to wait until the child is at least 6 months old before you start him/her kitesurfing :grin:

Seriously though, i don't think there is a starting age. Provided they are strong swimmers, and within a wind range they can handle on a really small kite, you shouldn't have a problem. Gavin Spowart from cyclone kiteboarding even made a really small board for the local Wipika Distributor's son (I think he is 6 or 7), so if you need something that size, it can be done, especially if its a custom board. I don't know if any other board makers make custom boards for kids, but you could always ask gavin to do something for you. His new site is http://www.cyclonekiteboarding.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MissionMan on 2002-09-30 16:03 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 3:15 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

youngest I know is 8 years old.
rides without a problem.
the right gear is essential and some relaxed and not pushing their kid to the limits parents!

I guess younger than 7 is not good.

Toby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 3:33 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

:smile: Imagine the Air a 6 Month old baby would get! :smile:lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:52 pm 
Well I have lessons today with a 12 year old at 35Kgs and a 9 year old at 28Kgs. hwat is the minimum weight required to hold down a 2.5 Meter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:56 pm 
Frequent Poster

Here are some pics of Stuart (7) taken a few months ago..... He's really geting good now and rips up the beach break unassisted. As MM said he uses a custom Cyclone and has WIPI Freeairs in 3.2 and 4.4 in his Quiver.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:05 am 
Unbelievable, 8 years old:

http://usuarios.lycos.es/mikitesurf/

Anonymous (orginal poster)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:31 am 
Rare Poster

please, please do not teach any children!!!! are you crazy or what!!!! these damned little people do learn so quickly that in just a few months they make us all seem ridiculous!!! 1 week needed to land perfectly a "hart attack" and then a 13 years old "dwarfy" just sees you and says, "hey, I like it" and he does it in his 3rd attempt. Shame to me! :smile:))))))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:57 am 
Medium Poster

My kid, 19 months is doing his rotations in the bathroom...

He's probably the first with a kitegene. In 2012 I will be compleet idiot next to him when I hear these stories.

[ 9 posts ]