All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:42 pm 
Hey Marley,
You being a team rider doesn't mean much.
O.R. have been trying to offer team rider status to anyone that can fly a kite where I am, but people have been resisting since they don't know their kites.
If you are good and there aren't any other OR kiters in your area, you can become a sponsored rider too, and pay 50% to 0% of the retail price.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:47 pm 
Medium Poster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:54 pm 
Medium Poster

I didn't mean anything by it, just answering questions that I might have knowledge on. i know it doesn't mean much but what do I say to that. Please don't take away from my happiness i am just trying. your comments belittled my thoughts. By all means i didnt think I was #1 or even #99999999999999 I just tried to answer to the best of my knowledge. Wow some can be harsh on here. If they give you free gear and want you on it well try it out and then maybe you might have something positive to say. Sorry just giving feedback to this forum that i believe in for the future and progression of a beautiful sport.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 10:42 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Location: Vancouver, Canada. rides Naish,Ozone,North, Spotz,Aguera
Ahhh.. Now I know who you are Marley. I ran into you at Nitinat. I remember I was happy to get two or three hours kiting every day, but you'd always get twice that. And I have never seen anyone do so many no-handed loops.

Anyway, don't tell anyone about Nitinat Lake or it will become too crowded. Shhh..

:smile:
Chris G

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 11:47 pm 
Medium Poster

Marley

Thanks again, I hear what your saying about it being hard to peg the upper limit of a kite but you've given me enough of an idea

I'm in Bellingham, Wa which so I've heard about Nitinat, just a long trip with the borders and the ferry so we go to the Gorge or Oregon coast. It's good to know you aren't using the OR's on nice sandy beaches

Mike S

P.S Why is it that people have to flip people crap on these message boards, even when they are just being cool and helpful?This forum is going the way the yahoo kitesurf group is

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 11:53 pm 
Rare Poster

Dear anonymous, There is a difference between being offered (sponsered) kites from a distributor,like in your mystery area, versus being a team rider for a company. Distributors (of all brands) will give away or sell kites at a low price in order to get kites out into a new area. Being a team rider for a company means that you have been picked by that company because you have something to offer to them .We picked up Marley because he is on the water for hundreds of hours all summer, his skill and creativity level are very high, he abuses his gear(and it holds up)and he gives us useable feedback.Also he bought his original kites from us at retail,because he wanted them.Thanks Ross Harrington Designer Ocean Rodeo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 1:15 am 
Medium Poster

thank you c.g. mike from wa and Ross H. It is a beautifull reality knowing you can share a good feeling with GREAT people.

FEEL THE LOVE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 9:03 pm 
Rare Poster

Ya I'd like to ad a little note to this post...I,m a newbie, thats right green as can be all busted up and torn... however it doesn't take a pro to know when your in the company of people who are genuinely interested in the advancement and safety of others...
First of all thanks Marley for the hours and hospitality you showed me at Nitinat and oh thanks for the 16Bronco!
Marley shaved off alot of guess work for me
and i was comfortable launching and struggling in such company! Keep up the good work and we'll see you this spring!!!

Mike... just get youself a Bronco, the company and its people are top notch as are the kites. They are sooooo tough! And I haven't heard anything negetive yet and I've done alot of research... you wont find much bravado or penil envy around these parts as the water is just too cold to get an acurate measurement LOL.
Theres the hot new Stinger kite that you may want to check out as well.www.oceanrodeo.com

Anonymous... I dont know why , if you have anything to say, you dont fill out your profile? And don't be suffering from the delusion that you can just walk into ocean rodeo (or any manufacturer for that matter) and get sponsored... Marley is an inigma, pure drive pal, didn't you read what he said about 500 hours in one season??? I can vouch for that and I know Marley, he is one of the best people i,ve ever met and genuine about teaching people. Is probably the best person to ask about the Ocean Rodeo line of products. So Give your head a shake!!!
Your post doesn't really ad up either; wrote;"O.R. have been trying to offer team rider status to anyone that can fly a kite where I am, but people have been resisting since they don't know their kites".
If you can fly a kite, then you can definetely fly a Bronco??? No mystery, just a really well designed, rugged kite...that's how you get to KNOW "their" kites! Fly it!
Oh ya and hope you have endless hours of safe, enjoyable riding!
Sincerely,
T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 2:12 pm 
Rare Poster

hey what can i say these things are the bomb
im in oz and have just got one to fly the flag in australia i have many kites
and this is how all kites should be not like most the rest,and what they could be
they are so easy to work that it has started the kitesurfing rush again for me
im the first guy in my area to have one and i wont be the last as we are a very friendly group out here and get to try out each others gear and now theres a few waiting for the first shipment to get out there if you need a kite go a bronco 12 or 16 you cant go wrong
good winds and high times from australia
ps i think you guys should get out here and see what a great place we have (NOOSA QUEENSLAND AUSTRALIA)one of the best if not the best in the world
hey ok that might be a little over the top but see how these kites have got me all excited:)

[ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2