All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 8:22 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Hi,

Can anyone give me some feedback on the Ocean Rodeo Bronco kites? I have been kiting for a year now and use an Fuel 12. I am just curious to see how the Bronco 16 would compare. Faster, slower? Any imput would be great.

thanks
kt

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:50 pm 
I ride and sell both the Ocean Rodeo and Slingshot. The Ocean Rodeo 16 flies much faster than the Fuel 16 or North Toro/Rhino 16. They are truely "heavy duty" kites which can be too heavy if the winds lull too much, but if they are constant enough to keep the kite in the sky the kite performs excellent.

Michael
Kite-Line.Com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 7:41 pm 
Rare Poster

I just got started kitesurfing Aug. 2002 on the west coast of canada (Nitinat Lake)BC.
I bought a used Wipika 6.5 at first, but I spent some time with a guy who promotes and rides the bronco. The bronco is definetly a tough kite, designed with the rugged west coast in mind. I couldn't help myself and purchased a 16m Bronco. The main reason to go with the 16 or even 21m is that you can get alot more time on the water 8---->knots.
watched J hit big air in 20knots and watched same serene cruising in 12knots, what ever your into the kite performed beautifully!
Recently met and watched "the desdigner" of the bronco with 21m in 10-15 knots. These guys spent some 4 years+ designing and putting alot of practical time in... I believe that they have come up with some fine equipment that you can really rely on and the bronco's construction eases the stress of possible damage because they are really tough!!! :smile:
I have yet to grow into my 16m as i am nursing a torn oblique, but i sure as hell am gonna keep it and am totally confident with this products performance.

T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 5:46 am 
Very Frequent Poster

hey tnt,

thanks for the post. i am hearing great things about these kites on and off this forum and the water.

appreciate the input.
kt
ps. liked what you had to say about marley in the other posting about OR kites. : 0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 6:19 am 
Medium Poster

Got a Bronco 9m on the way! Hopefully some fall winds will start up soon and I can post a review. Probably would have got it anyway but Marley's comments helped make the decision

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 1:45 pm 
Rare Poster

i have a 16 and man are these things good
i have had a naish 15.5arx
a cabrina 2002 black tip 12.2
and a wipika air blast 8.9
and im glad to say all these kits put together dont match up to a bronco 16
and thats no shit these things rip day after day after day i think you get what i mean

[ 6 posts ]