All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 2:40 pm 
Medium Poster

I also bought one hav'nt used it much but when I do,I feel the back end where the Leash is connected too pulls in to much..it could do with a softer spring I think. But I rate a real leash over the plain surf style leash

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xboy on 2002-10-10 15:45 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:00 pm 
I love my reel.
But, I do find that when I'm walking out into the water with the board trailing behind me, it is too close, and keeps nipping at my legs. This can get quite painful if you have a sharp-railed board. So I attach my leash to a longer bungee. Saves the leash from breaking, keeps it away from me until I want it.
Cheers,
AL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 6:25 pm 
Mine broke (I used the little bungie), they replaced it, it broke again.

I no longer use a reel leash. It's too bad, cause it is a great idea, just executed poorly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 7:52 pm 
Quote:
On 2002-10-10 19:25, Anonymous wrote:
Mine broke (I used the little bungie), they replaced it, it broke again.
I no longer use a reel leash. It's too bad, cause it is a great idea, just executed poorly.

Where did you attach the leash and where do you kite? What was your skill level when you broke it?

I am quite happy with mine. I found that it gets stressed more (and probably breaks in some cases) when using a tt (especially attached at footstrap or center), in waves and when power dragging. I do none of these much and it's held up fine. The webbing unraveled after a year. I got a replacement. The latest version has exchangeable webbing. I find the execution very good. I'd like to have a weak link in the chain so it does release in a predictable manner, when stresses get too high. R!

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2