wipika on acid

Forum for kitesurfers
jed
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby jed » Wed Oct 09, 2002 6:34 pm

Wow... tried my new 8,4 air blast today and completely blown away by its performance.

Its sssssoooooooo fast, light in your hands, when depowered at the zenith of the window, almost no pull at all, and incredibly easy to relaunch from the water.

Previously my only kite has been a 12.2 cabrinha black tip 2001, and my god is it a pig to fly in comparison.

The airblast is so quick and easy to turn that it just pushes you to ride harder. and so light in your hands that i just have to keep my hands right in the centre of the bar to stop from oversteering.

It waterstarts like a dream, just rolls straight over onto its back, pulls over to the side and in no time at all.

all i can say is WOW, i thought most kites were the same and that the black tip was pretty tpyical, but I've never felt anything like that air blast.

nice one
Wipika
PS. and only last week i was saying to one of my friends, na, you'll never catch me on a wipika, there a piece of shit, boy was i wrong.

Wipika 1 / Cabrinha 0

Marley
Medium Poster

Postby Marley » Wed Oct 09, 2002 6:38 pm

Very fast kite steering for sure. Some people say ride what you got, which is THE truth. But once at alevel with particular styles of flight path there are immense differences for individuals.

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby murdoc » Wed Oct 09, 2002 6:43 pm

don't compare anything to the 2001 BT ' s :wink:

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:43 pm

there is always something, watch out for the 6.3 air blast, I agree the 8.4 is the most high perfornace kite i've ridden, it is as you say "on acid" however the 6.3 is on crack, take your eyes off it to check up wind or spot a ramp and that little crack whore is off on a runner, and u b rag dollin down the line whoooooaa fffuuuucccckkk!!!! you bitch, u fffuucccckkkkinnn whore whoooooaaaa fffffuuuuccckkkkkk!!!!! there is always somthing?

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 10, 2002 11:11 am

hold on tight and enjoy the ride

Xboy
Medium Poster

Postby Xboy » Thu Oct 10, 2002 2:48 pm

I will always keep my 2002 8.4 WIPI AB It rocks always a pleasure riding it.

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 11, 2002 2:09 am

is your ab set up on the bridal system or not? just wandering as i got a 11.8 and didn't know which set up to go for.....

cheers

jed
Medium Poster

Postby jed » Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:32 am

Yeap, its set up on bridles at the moment, but not for long. I kite mainly on a very fine-sand beach and in ireland its usually wet so the sand sticks to everything and generally eats bridles for breakfast,

plus my other kite is a very slow and heavy cabrinha black tip, so i think I'm going to find it strange going from one end of the scale to the other in one session, so if i take the bridle off it should take the edge off the wipika.

also, i couldn't imagine feeling very confident with such a twichy kite in a big jump or transition, super cool if everything is calm and balanced, but it react to the smallest movement in the bar and i think that it will be really easy to give wrong commands to the kite at exactly the wrong time, if ya catch my drift.

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:44 am

bridals reduce bar input you gonna have twice the kite movement for the same bar movement you made with bridals, just thought youd like to know they do turn slower but with half the input. beware

jed
Medium Poster

Postby jed » Fri Oct 11, 2002 6:42 pm

Thanks fokiten,

that saved me another fun wipeout.
I will have to move the back lines to the forward hang point first and give that a blast

cheers
jed

Return to “Kitesurfing”