wipika on acid

Forum for kitesurfers
Elia
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Elia » Thu Nov 28, 2002 8:14 am

I have 2 cabrinha 2001 bt and they both suck. I'm so disappointed in them that I will never by another Cabrinha.

Any one want to buy them... cheap

Some people don’t like kites that are too “wipiâ€

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 28, 2002 9:21 am

Honest,

Wipika kites still rule.

The only problem is the Public Relations, marketing and distribution departements of Wipika.

Are there any departements ?

All companies already launched their kites for 2003. What about Wipika ? There have been a few dummy fotographs of the AMP. But no one who really saw it, flew it or already tested it.

On Wipikas homepage are news that are rather older than one year. Why do they have a homepage they should close it. Better closed than having old shit on it.

I am totally disappointed of Wipika. The have build a ruling kite with the airblast, I fly it in all sizes. (11.8 / 10 / 8,4 / 6,3).

But what is now. Why is there no new Kite. Why are there no roadshows nor testmeetings ?

If wipika will not wake up right now they can close their company.

Who wants to test and by a new AMP when Rhino2, Aero2 and X2 are already tested one million times sold and rule the market ?????????

its a pity.

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Thu Nov 28, 2002 10:52 am

I used an Airblast the other day and was very impressed with it... The range is awesome...

BLOWN AWAY

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Thu Nov 28, 2002 11:44 am

yeh you should try telling their sales guys that you aren't stocking their kites this year.

phone calls every day, beg beg beg, offers of discount etc etc. their kites will be late, lets hope its not too late.

Sake
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Sake » Thu Nov 28, 2002 10:57 pm

First AMP 10.3 arrived today at one of the shops overhere. 11.9 should be available soon too. Smaller sizes will arrive, according to the shop, first month 2003.

I rather hope that the AMP will NOT be a RhinoI(II) sort of kite because I like the light feel and really good depower(BIG range) of the AB's 2002. I will find out soon enough. Wipika will make 2003AB's, probably that will be my kind of kite.

Or I should switch to Takoon or F-one.......

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Fri Nov 29, 2002 3:46 am

Yeah it'll be interesting to see what the 2003 AB turns out like... so much attention has been on the hard pulling kites like the Rhino II, 2003 Fuel and the AERO II.... now perhaps is it the topendish kites turn to take the limelight??

BLOWN AWAY

Cal
Frequent Poster

Postby Cal » Fri Nov 29, 2002 4:00 am

I was under the impression that the AMP was the new airblast - no more new versions of the airblast being made? is that not correct? if not can anyone point me to where they found this information out?

norts_grom
Medium Poster

Postby norts_grom » Fri Nov 29, 2002 8:20 am

firstly your comparing a 2001 kite with a 2002 kite.......i have tried the amp, and i own 3 2003 black tips and they both perform well, the amp pulls hard and had low end but isnet very stable, the black tip hasnt got much low end power but it is soooo stable and turns just right, i hate people dissing brands because of 3 year old kites, try the new ones....you will be impressed

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 29, 2002 8:44 am

There will also be a 2003 Air Blast from Wipika, but not with the news as the AMB and The Hydro+ will have. (Rocket struts etc)
Rumers says that the first sampels of the AMB and The Hydro+ is on the way out world wide. Well it is still 2002, so I guess they will make it! :smile:
John

niko
Frequent Poster

Postby niko » Fri Nov 29, 2002 9:24 am

Do not spend time with rumors, take facts:

Here is an Emailfrom Luca Marketing Manager from Wipika:

Niko,
The equipement this year is really incredible, the amp has ~30% lift than the 02 airblast, and much more user friendly, the hydro is an amazing kite. You will not be disappointed, I guarantee it. Concerning the marketing and information, please be patient, come january things will look much different. Once the new materials (web, pressreleases, etc.) start coming out, I hope you will still take the time to provide your feedback.

I hope this has answered some of your questions.
Best,
Lucas

Furthermore he wrote me, that the amp is the successor to the airblast and The hydro+ now also has competition level performance.

I guess that should stop specualtions.

AMP is in the shops in teh end of December in Limited counts.

cya
niko

Return to “Kitesurfing”