Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

First time Psycho pilot - two thumbs up!!

Forum for kitesurfers
BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Sat Oct 26, 2002 9:48 pm

The inflating sounds a bit easier than pumping up a big inflatable but from what you guys are saying it sounds like a kite targetted at experts......

What's it like as an intermediate kite compared to a med AR inflatable??

BLOWN AWAY :evil:

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Sat Oct 26, 2002 9:50 pm

And what's the jumping and turning speed like compared to an X2 or other high performance inflatable?

BLOWN AWAY :cool:

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 27, 2002 12:19 am

Below is the pre inflation technique I use with the Warrior's. It's quick and works every time for side window self launches... The Psycho should be the same!!

1, Lay kite out to one side of wind window and weight upwind wing tip with sand then lay lines out.

2, Grab the down wind tip and walk back to the upwind tip and stand on this tip while holding the other tip above your head.. let the kite fill to about 30% (1-2 min MAX) and then lay kite back down making sure that upwind tip is still secured by the sand.

3, Hook in and pull bar in (this will stop it taking off) and slowly pull the downwind tip up. The kite will start to fill quickly and take shape. Depower the kite and it should start to rise and by the time it is over head it will be fully inflated.

<a href="http://www.flysurfer.de/anleitung2002-eng.htm">Here is some pictures of pre-inflation... the first picture is what I just described.</a>

Good luck

Matt

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 27, 2002 9:05 am

Although thats a fine way of pre-inflating the Warrior, not entirely sure why you need to pre-inflate unless you are determined to launch from the side of the window like an LEI.

Here's my Warrior inflation tip :

1. Try to fly the kite :wink:

It looks shit and flaps about a bit for about 1-2mins then everything is sorted , beautiful , sweet as etc . . .I've never had to do anything else in light or strong winds.

Conor

Return to “Kitesurfing”