All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 3:29 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Jo Mac,
When I said great relations and customer care, I mean it...but these relations and care are usually handled best through dealers. Slingshot looks after their dealers and is pleasurable for them to deal with. If you have a question about your SlingShot gear, you should be able to ask your dealer. Slingshot, like most kite companies, doesn't have the time, man power or resources to have someone setting in front of a pc responding to the hundreds of emails that come in....from people with questions like yourself, to people wanting sponsorship, people offering input and ideas, people seeking employment, people wanting to become dealers and sell kites out of their garage to get better deals, and on and on and on. Their is also the issue of Slingshot's email address....as in DO you have it?...and if so, do you have the right one...and of so, do you have the address to the person who should be able to answer your question or do you have the address for the girl at the front desk? See what I'm sayin'? Your local dealer should be able to answer your SlingShot questions. If you have technical questions that they can't answer or they can't answer to your satisfaction, then you ask me, or you ask your dealer to ask a SlingShot tech rep for you. If you were to have a serious question that your dealer couldn't answer or get answered, and I too couldn't answer, I'd then take the question directly to who would be able to answer it best..ie..the board designer, or kite designer, or whoever would be proper person to get the answer from.

Sorry for the fact that the companies don't just copy the answers to paste into incoming emails, but they don't. Again, i think it's more about having the time and resources. I cannot try to justify this for them and am not trying to. If you ask around to dealers who carry Slingshot and carry other brands or have dealt with others in the past, they will probably tell you the same as me, that Slingshot is pleasurable to deal with.

People, V is right. What do you expect? I'm getting bored with seeing all the finger pointings at people while saying they are biased. Most people are in fact biased. I didn't see anyone point at Ken Winner and saying "Ahhh, I think this guys is biased towards North Kites". We are all here to offer our input on things and sometimes on particular brands as well as to recieve input from others. This here is the just the way it should be, and this here is just the way it is.

Pete, It's a damn shame isn't it that the website hasn't been updated yet? I've brought this up already. It's a comin'.

I'm happy(for you) to hear that you decided to go with a new Fuel. Rest assured you wont be let down. You can trust me, I wouldn't lead you astray. Your new kite will be everything that I have said it will be and then some. You made the right decision. I appologize for lack of pictures of the new kites so far and I'm working to get them out as soon as I can. In the mean time, here's one you probably haven't seen. It doesn't show seams, but it will give you a pretty good idea of what your new kite is going to look like. Let us know what you think of it when you get it and fly it.

Pea's Out!
Johnny

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Johnny TBKS on 2002-10-14 16:32 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 5:58 pm 
It really depends on the local dealer. Unfortunately where I am (Northern Cal) the SS dealer is a prick so they are loosing significant amount of business because of him.
At least we are close enough to the Gorge so people get the right support from there.

Jimit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 6:07 pm 
Pete, if you are interested I just posted some photos on my site of the 15 and the 13 so you have an idea what you are in for. Heres a link straight to the page.
http://www.kitesurfingnz.com/Kite%20photos.htm

John
http://www.kitesurfingnz.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 10:55 pm 
nice one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 2:44 am 
Your a champion John,

And Johnny T... I will no doubt post a review of the kite, but it may not be for a while as exam period is coming up :sad: and the local conditions suck arse, but Ill let you know what I think anyway.

Laters,

Pete.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 4:27 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Awesome deal John. Thanks for adding those pics. I see one of your kites has white mark cloth and the orange one has black.....both pretty killer looking!
You like em too I assume?

Johnny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 7:12 am 
Johnny these are great Kites, Due to the fact that I only have a 15 and 11 to play with at the moment I had to go out today with a 20 meter X2, WHAT A PIG, low wind conditions I was using all the sky to keep going. At one stage I sent the kite down toward the water and misjudged how fast it wass going to turn back so ended up draging a wing tip and flipped the kite onto the leading edge. Well it performed I managed to have it flying about a meter above the water inverted, tell me how to relaunch from there. Anyway had to drag back to the beach to relaunch, Thank goodness you dont have that problem with a 2003 slingshot or an older one for that mater. Just to prove it wasn't my bad relaunching skills I was out with a local sponsored North rider that had an Rhino 2 16 up. He also dropped his kite and had to relaunch off the beach.

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 2:35 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Let's see...are you asking ME how to relaunch an X2? :wink: If you are talking about reverse launching them using the reverse flying bridle attachment thingamajiggy, I must admit that I don't have much experience with that. I've never been one to have extra pieces, be it bridles, lines or even hardware at the bar, I've never liked ANY extra pieces than I really need. This was my reason for hooking up with SlingShot when I did back in the end of 2001, because their slogan was 'Rider Simplicity' and it showed in their products. Personally, the way I would have relaunched that 20m PIG of a kite would have been to drag it to the beach like you did, then I'd just walk over to it, pick it up, and chuck it into the nearest trash can. Relaunch complete!Image

Seriously, I can understand what you mean by the blatent use of the word PIG. I've been using that word to describe my Naish kites ever since I came off of the ole AR5's. And I can even imagine it being used on some X2 series too now by riders like yourself who have gotten to get a taste of what your new SS can do in comparison. In all fairness though, my Ar5 9.5m was a great kite to me and for me at the time, and I still to this day own it and have no plans to ever sell it(not that anyone would buy it, and if they did, I'd want more than the 150.00 they would prolly offer for it)because it DOES still work if you have wind and it's a great 'loaner' kite for friends and visitors.

How light was the wind? I think I would have tried to milk my 2003 15m SS to death for power before I would have fooled with 20m PIG. You did read my post on here were I claimed to not only ride, but to stay upwind on a 2003 SS 15m in 6-8 knots didn't you? It's not just more hype, it's true. I was upwind when it was hitting 8 and staying at wind when it was blowing 6. This was witnessed by several pretty advanced riders who didn't even have kites up cuz they KNEW it was too light to ride. This was done by me, 165lb rider, 15m kite, super floaty and high volume SS Manta board. Maybe not possible by you, maybe you are heavier, maybe you don't have an ideal board and maybe you don't have the same light wind skills, but it was done and that's the truth.

As far as relaunch goes, I've had no problems at all getting the new SS's off of the water on my own. Never had any problems with the 2002 SS's either for that matter. And if you think these things relaunch nice, you should see the GTO's come up off of the water. Reminds me of flying my old 2 line 5m Wipika in the fact that you can hardly KEEP it on the water.

Ah shit. Another long post. I'm sorry. I talk too fast and apparently too much. Hope I haven't wasted much of your time. I like being able to talk and the pc do the typing but it makes for long ass post's from me. Now if we could just get the computer to speak to us the writings rather than have to read them, we would be STRAIGHT!

Pea's Out!
Johnny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 4:36 pm 
Rare Poster

Can't beleive some of you guys crapping on companies like Naish all the time.

This is the company who brought the first 4 line kite to the market.

This year they released a new high performance kite in the spring / summer, the X2.

No one else on the market had anything similar until 6 months later... Look at some of the new kites coming out, they are so similar to the X2 and so many features are just simply ripped off.

Some of the new kites might be better than the X2, of course, they had the time to improve what was already on the market.

What will happen next year? The X3 will be released in the spring and that will be the best on the market for a long long time, until some other brands have had time test and to copy the best parts of it.

Then theirs will come out and suddenly they are so much better than Naish again.

To me there is only a few companies that do true development in this industry. Naish is definately the one on the top.

Now I know I am going to receive spanking for my words and I am looking forward.

Rols

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:53 pm 
Visionary Naish quote: ' we are entrenched in directionals and that is where we are staying '

[ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next