All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 10:41 pm 
you suppose they can just modify the kite when the others come out? Most probably slingshot is already working their 2004 fuel models for next year. There is a whole lot of investigation and work before production, wind tunnel dynamic tests, cad models, I really odn't think it's just cut around the cloth and stitch some struts on it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 3:09 am 
Quote:
On 2002-10-17 23:41, Anonymous wrote:
you suppose they can just modify the kite when the others come out? Most probably slingshot is already working their 2004 fuel models for next year. There is a whole lot of investigation and work before production, wind tunnel dynamic tests, cad models, I really odn't think it's just cut around the cloth and stitch some struts on it

Very well said!

Johnny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 9:20 am 
Well today was an interesting test, I had my 16 Meter X2 pumped up as well as the 15 2003 fuel. Could hardley go on the X2 but got a good sail on the slingshot. Anybody wan't to buy a X2 ive now got one for sale.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 2:47 pm 
Frequent Poster

tks johny i try not to mess up when i open my big mouth, i Just think that people have to think a little before saying certain stuff. I am no kite producer or designer but know the kind of work involved in a aerodynamic object (it is not easy to keep the beasts in the air)

Guga

p.s: finally registered looked around liked the spirit registered username :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 10:17 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Welcome to the forums Guga.
Happy to have ya with you us!

Johnny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 11:26 pm 
Frequent Poster

Glad to be here :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 7:38 pm 
I cannot help but notice that brand loyallty is a major player in kite valuation, who gives a crap who made the things and who ripped who off, we just ride'm, gimmicky stuff is market share ploy, keep spyn,pryn,and buyn, im gonna ride wipis because I am infected as well, So I say the new AMP is champ, take that slingshot,naish,psycho,f-1,caution,arc,etc. etc. Long live wind & wave and dudes who are brave!!!!!!!!!And do not be a brand slave/knave JUST BECAUSE I AM!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fokiten on 2002-10-20 20:40 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:08 am 
Rare Poster

Does any one know if the fuels like to fly "backwards" as much as the x2, i have a 16m x2, and damn that thing is picky, when there is 15 knots its a great kite. It the first high aspect kite that ive ever owned however so part of it just may be me. Also, it does not like to water relaunch. From what i understand this is the case with high aspect kites however

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:17 am 
Frequent Poster

The 16 X2 in the right hands gets the average 70kg rider up and away in 8-10 knots, and boosting in 12 knots, I'd like to see any other 15-16 that produces so much more power that you can ride in under 8 knots comfortably...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:25 am 
aklbob, what sort of board?

Here we see same rider weights on same boards, naish 18mx2 vs's 12.2 lift, and the lift wins easily. And it is a size smaller...

Me thinks you'd have to be an exeptionally good kiter on a large board to be 70kg and going in 7 knots on a 16m x2.

[ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next