All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 5:35 am 
Medium Poster

1980 buick : totally agree with you, I'm 85 kg, WT147 and a 16X2 for light wind days...powered up the kite is a dream, but in light winds it is a pig and u can forget water-relaunching. I bought it because it was deemed to be the best at the time which it probably is if the right hands. My kite skills are good, but not expert so I'm about to chop it in for something else with bags of low end grunt...suggestions anyone ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 5:41 am 
16m flexifoil storm. If you want lots a grunt down low, this kite will deliver!

I'm 100kg and ride a 147, the 16m storm gets me going earlier than previous 16m kites I have had (12.2 lift, and 11.8 airblast) becuase it produces heaps of pull at slower speeds! Great for getting through lulls too.
Te top end of this kite seams good also, comparable to my previous 12.2 lift...

Callum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 5:55 am 
Medium Poster

Callum,
I would love to give a foil a try, but I dislike some of the safety on foils..I'm interested in the new psycho, but no-one over here will ever get one for demo. Worst still I'd be laughed off the beach, matress munchers as they are labelled are scorned and socially isolated...mores the pity

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 6:32 am 
G'Day my PugWash,

The Flexifoil Storm, is an inflatable kite of the same characteristics as all the others! Like Naish, Wipika etc etc...

It's just made by flexifoil (which is the company name)

I see your in australia too - click the link below to see information on the storms and a pic, as well as pricing info on them for australia...

http://www.kitepower.com.au/news/images ... ews&id=113

Cheers
Callum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 7:11 am 
don't no about under 8 knots AKLBOB, I'm not a wind meter , but I do know that a 14m 2002 fuel has more low end grunt than a 16m X2 and the 16m fuel has more grunt than a 20m x2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 12:33 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 10:24 am 
Oh yes the "X2s are grunty debate" again.....

aklbob have you ever flown a kite with good low end??? Like a Rhino or Slingshot.... or an AERO??? I've got a nice big fat 20m kite that may be the answer to this "rip in 8 knots" thingy...

BLOWN AWAY :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 10:27 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Seriously though.... those people who get an X2 because of "it's low end" are terribly mistaken... It's a fast kite that needs to be in lots of wind....

BLOWN AWAY :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 10:30 am 
Very Frequent Poster

And besides anyway.... aklbob why are you saying this about the 16m X2 when you have the 18??

Oh by the way I'm a proud x2 owner... but I will totally agree with anyone who say's that x2's are gutless... they are... at their bottom end.... but man do they boost when your at their top end!!!!

BLOWN AWAY :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:03 am 
So, all in all the new Fuels sound awesome. I saw one at my local shop and they look great. I am replacing a 13.5 ARX & a 9.5 ARX. Would a Fuel 13 & 9 give approx the same ranges (I don't want to lose bottom end)? Those size Naish ARX's took me from approx 13 knots to high 20's.

I am looking at getting the 13 & 9 now, and later on a 17.

Thanks, James

[ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next