Forum for kitesurfers
Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Johnny TBKS » Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:11 pm

Hey V,
It's all cool bro. I am calling John for reasons other than the SX, I just figured I would mention the SX again when we DO talk.

You almost come across as if you are upset with me for some reason about something. I wasn't trying to call you a liar bro, I was just pointing out what I had been told..I was pointing it out to you too, not just pointing at you saying you are wrong. I may be mis-understand that you are upset with me, it just came across that way when you said "Since you're going to call Doyle, I'll wait to talk to them, myself."

You are right, that board in that pic doesnt compare to the Drake, I know that, but I was saying that it may be a jarvis and a drake side by side with the SX graphics on them that has been taken to photoshop and distorted a little, like making the pic shorter and wider than it really was. I dunno. I'm just saying that they did have those logos and designs placed on a couple of Skate series board for the purpose of showing what they look like and to get photos for the cataloging since the real boards wouldnt be ready when the catalog was. But really, it's not that big of a deal is it? Isn't to me. I'm glad you had a scanner to scan the pics with for those asking to see them. Even if it isn't the exact board, it is pretty close and it does give a pretty good idea of how it will look and it does show it's graphics. GOOD JOB!

I don't mean to offend you in any way V. It's all good. You seem like a pretty nice and reasonable person. You're a proud supporter of SlingShot and I think this is a wonderful thing. It's nice having such a great company to deal with isn't it? Makes you wonder why anyone is still putting up with Naish's BS customer and dealer relations.

Let's be friends huh? In fact, I am going to send you an email today. Maybe we can compare some notes, shoot some shit, get to know each other a little better, discuss how each of us is doing our thing and maybe learn from each other, and just talk a little kiting in general.

Johnny
TBKS

chicagokitesurfer
Very Frequent Poster

Postby chicagokitesurfer » Fri Oct 11, 2002 6:41 pm

Hey Johnny, no problems here! Looking forward to your email.

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 11, 2002 7:50 pm

When I talked with John on my vacation last July to the gorge I stated the problem there of losing a board occasionally due to not being able to see it and suggested a brighter color etc. (strong current, large swells) I guess black was what they came up with???? Not a help. :sad:

J

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby murdoc » Fri Oct 11, 2002 9:42 pm

On 2002-10-11 13:05, Anonymous wrote:
Yeah looking like a wakeboard.
Thats ok tought nothing edges like a wakeboard an still has a loose feeling.

so why spend $650 for a SS when a wakeboard costs about $300 ?

nothing edges like a wakeboard and has a loose feeling!

Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Johnny TBKS » Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:23 pm

Hey J,
Yup, black appears to be what they came up with huh? The simple fact of the matter is that John designs and shapes the boards, but when it comes time for production, the graphics that will appear on the board is someone else's responsibility and job altogether, not Johns. John's input on the graphics is basically "Re-do the Doyle logo on the boards to closer match my original Doyle logo which is much easier to see, read and identify." So, if you look to notice, you will see the little oval on the boards that USED to say 'Doyle-project eleven-cause other boards only go to ten' and had John's signature on them, NOW are just an oval with the word 'DOYLE' in it for the 2003 lineup. Aside from Doyle's signature logo, he has not much to do at all with the graphics that end up on the board. That would be Wyman's job and department. I am telling you this so that you don't or didn't go away thinking that John didn't care or doesn't listen to your or other riders input, because he does. :smile:

murdoc...Why spend 650 on an SS board when you can get a wakeboard for 300? Well, have you tried just using a wakeboard? I know, I know, they work well too when their's enough power, but how many wave faces have been down on one of them?

I'd say spend the money on the SS board instead of a wakeboard because;
1-The wakeboard is designed for wakeboarding and the kiteboard is designed for kiteboarding...and kiteboarding is what I'd be using it for.
2-The wakeboard prolly isn't going to do too well in large chop or in waves in comparison to the SS.
3-The SS board will have a the strong Duraglide bottom that is killer for sliding logs, sliders, boats, rocks, fishing poles, fishermen, windsurf masts and other neat stuff.
4-The SS board says 'SlingShot' and 'Doyle' on it...not that it matters, but if you are one of those trendy fashion type bugs, that's a PLUS for them I am sure.
5-SS offers a 1 year warranty on all of their products. I dunno how long it is in the wakeboard industry...could be 3 months to 3 years for all I know.
6-When and if you decide to sell your board for a new one, I bet you will sell a kiteboarder an SS kiteboard way quicker than you will find a sucker to buy that wakeboard.
7-FINS!?!? Or at least more of them.
8-Can be ridden and stayed upwind on well under hurricane strength conditions. Wakeboards need lot's of power.
9-You will be buying from a very reputable company with some pretty serious customer support and relations.
10-You will be riding the same boards as most of the pro SS team riders...if that matters to you.

Theirs 10 reasons I can come up with without even thinking about it as to why I would do the SS board over a wakeboard.

Hey V,
My emails acting like a basket case again. No biggie though, I can access and use it via the web too if I have to, it's just much harder for me to do that way and slows me down a bit. I am in the process of building 2 more PC's as we speak...I am typing this while waiting on the other pc's formating, OS installations and whatnot. I'll set my email account up on one of these new machines as soon as I have it running in full and all updated. Shouldn't be but a few more hours out. I'll be in touch in a bit though. Sounds to me like you and I are on the same wavelength and batting for the same teams so we SHOULD hook up!

Got's to run...Windows setup is asking for input. Talk back at ya's in a bit!

Pea's Out
Johnny

Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Johnny TBKS » Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:25 pm

oops....my bad. Sorry bout that big ole space. WHAT a waste huh? I mean, in this day and age with all the ads online and people always trying to promote their websites, that wasted space above is kinda like high demand real estate being used for a dump. I prolly just wasted thousands of dollars worth of advertising space!
:wink:

Later

Return to “Kitesurfing”