Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 10, 2002 5:55 pm

impossibile, always with!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 10, 2002 6:04 pm

really possible, most of the wakeboarder don't jump with the kitepower.. it is a question of edging and poping...

for example a real Railley does not need any pulling from the kite

GReg

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Thu Oct 10, 2002 6:21 pm

what makes you think kiters care about boat tricks, sorry i missed the point maybe you would be kind enough to explain your point.

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Thu Oct 10, 2002 7:49 pm

snowboard

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MissionMan » Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:05 pm

Why do they care about boat tricks? very simple, they use similar techniques if you are not using snapping the kite back to get height.

edge and load up the lines, and then release the edge to pop and get in the air.

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby murdoc » Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:18 pm

why not using boat tricks?

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Thu Oct 10, 2002 9:25 pm

this must ty into the pop thread, its all new to me,Ive been jumpimg by waving the kite around and little pops off chop, I am quessing this is some kind of rubber band trick I don't know so i'll just sit back and soak it in,enlighten me, Thats why im here. thank you

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 17, 2002 1:34 am

Jumping without flicking the kite back is a fun thing to do, and makes you realize that not all of a jump comes from the kite.

To try it, next time you are powered up, keep the kite pretty high, get a little speed, and then for just half a second, edge extra hard and then do a little bunny hop. The extra tension on the kite as you edged harder will lift you in a nice little flight.

Keeping your kite high is the key to nice soft landings too. If the kite is lower, you can still get the pop, like a wakeboarder doing a raley behind a boat, but you need the kite above you to cushion the landing.

Michael Percy
Sea & Sky Sports
http://sea-n-sky.com

Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Johnny TBKS » Thu Oct 17, 2002 5:13 am

On 2002-10-17 02:34, Anonymous wrote:

To try it, next time you are powered up, keep the kite pretty high, get a little speed, and then for just half a second, edge extra hard and then do a little bunny hop. The extra tension on the kite as you edged harder will lift you in a nice little flight.

Michael Percy
Sea & Sky Sports
http://sea-n-sky.com
Hope you dont mind Michael if I add that it sometimes helps to come off of your edge for just a piece of a second to increase the board speed just a bit more and THEN edge away from the kite extra hard for that half second and do a little bunny hop. I think one of the keys to doing this with success aside from a little extra board speed is the fact that you not only edge extra hard, but it also helps to edge and turn upwind away from the kite for just that piece of that second too prior to leaving the water.

Hope it helps's. Once you have it, you will be moving into all kinds of 'No Whip' jumps and tricks.....kinda like being a wakeboarder behind a....well...helicopter!

Pea's out!

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Wed Oct 23, 2002 12:42 pm

Chop hopping gives you that moon jumping effect..... no need to fling the kite when well powered... even on flat water.... just ollie and

ENJOY THE VIEW...

BLOWNA WAY :wink:

Return to “Kitesurfing”