All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 2:33 am 
What's your lower AR 12m kite???

The wind range of the X2 is very good and on the fast turning setting it works in low winds... but you have to know how to fly it right....

You can go upwind with a 150cm TT in 8 knots with a 18m X2??.... Thats damn impressive.....

BLOWN AWAY :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 11:13 am 
I dont' think it's about x2 vs others anymore all the new kites look and perform pretty amazing, it's more about what style riding you prefer.

Look at the slighshot vs x2, like comparing a dodge viper to a ferrari both are good but make there power differently. Personal preference comes into play torque or revs.

I think different brand kites will favour certain types of boards and styles of riding. The sports getting complicated mighty fast.

In regard to the x2 the 12m has more go in it than a 13.5 naish or 10 wipika. Just bought one and for me really its the only kite I need 12-25kts no problems, really impressed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 1:38 pm 
If you could have a mixture of both slingsot and x2's in a quiver would be ideal.

A friend of mine has an old 16 free air and in light wind nothing can match it. Torque will win the light wind blues.

The new slingshots are fat mummas, a few of the boys have the 17 which is a bitch to hold to launch for them, they tell me there getting the 19's soon. I think it will take two to launch that fat bitch. Slingshot will win light wind no contest. My x2 may have an eating disorder but I love it all the same, fast women! no fat chicks! ha!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 2:18 pm 
rock on, Karen Carpenter signitor edition, X2. sizes no bigger than 8, sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 7:29 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

The 12m X2 definately is an awesome kite... it's fast and great for jumps..... as it's a main kite size around where I live it needs to have a big windrange and the X2 has just that.

As someone said it's good from 12 to 25 knots and with different boards the range is even greater still (from 10 - 30 knots)....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 7:32 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Oh by the way I'm not dissing the larger X2's... what I'm saying is that they are more for 15 knots than say 8 knots. In 15 knots the 20m would just go off. I've seen someone use the 20m X2 in 20 knots.... that's impressive...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 8:48 am 
While I can't go out near that high of wind (30) on my X-2 12 18mph average is probably my limit
I can sure go out in light stuff 10mph average and I am jumping going crazy, I figure I can lower that average a little but here I haven't gotten 8 - 9 mph average to test! I have found the kite being fast and a fast turner really helps it create a lot of power, exceeding kites of greater size.

Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 4:05 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Yeah it's a really good size....

I don't use it in 30 knots either and find my limit currently is about 25 knots. However when better I believe 30 knots is on with this kite.... just keep it low and to one side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 4:08 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Totally dependant on board of course..... would need a small board in 25 knots and above.

In 10 knots a directional will work if the board is fast and quite floaty....

BLOWN AWAY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 8:32 pm 
Frequent Poster

you can't put a kite to the side of the wind window and low when you're on the beach, as the extra backline tension needed to hold it there causes you to be dragged, even completely depowered.. but you can still kite with the X2 if you have an assistant to hold you down and get you to the water...
jumps are a piece of piss when you are this powered, just gently hook, and admire the view on the way up, tweak your move, hold hold hold, then float down, spot your landing and stomp it..

[ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next