Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Airblast 11.8m - should I have removed my bridle?

Forum for kitesurfers
jonjon
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby jonjon » Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:15 am

I've been used to a hydro 9 without the bridle so I took it off my new Airblast 11.8. By reading posts here many people have opted to remove it (tangles, reverse launch didn't work) and have found it 'positive' benefit.
Now, how should I be attching the lines? Straight to the front and pulley? or should I extend them as with my Hydro?

jed
Medium Poster

Postby jed » Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:38 am

You should find packed with the kite a spare set of pigtails, a normal short set of about one inch long for the front lines and a set of about 10 or 12inches long for the backlines with a selection of knots for tuning.

if you don't have them with the kite, i guess an e.mail to wipika from there website should get you the exact length or maybe there local dealer can sort it out.

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 11, 2002 4:53 am

If you don't have the pig tails that came with the kite, just make some up out of some decent rope, the ones wipika supplied were weak any way. Just make them with multiple knots so you can tune it a little. It'll be sweet. There really is no point in contacting wipika to get them to send you 4 50c pieces of rope...

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:11 am

Does anybody know the lengths of the pigtails??

Thanks

Knut

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:37 am

11.8 is 16 meters,my guess is you will put bridals back on, when or if you do makem out of q-line, the pigs are longish and good for strengthing and lenghtening da arms, good luck.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fokiten on 2002-10-11 06:50 ]</font>

Air Vermont
Rare Poster

Postby Air Vermont » Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:05 pm

THe 11.8 is excellent with bridals. I have replaced both the pulleys and the bridal line with more durable stuff. Although, I don't often drop this kite, it is great to have rear relaunch when it is light or you dropped close to shore. The bridals make it easy to rip this kite across the sky and generate tons of power. They also make kiting effortless on the arms. 3 hours on this kite and your arms won't be even slghtly tired.

Gary

jonjon
Rare Poster

Postby jonjon » Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:43 pm

Dilema, dilema....... I'm going bridle-less this weekend - only cos I know what I'm doing and I haven't got enough time to start messing around.
I'll set it back up somewhen (Come on Wipika there's no instructions AT ALL on how to do this!!!!!!!) and give it another go!

cheers

Return to “Kitesurfing”