All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:50 pm 
Ok. This is an issue alot of us want to address. We need to be able to spin the bar after a loop/or roll. The pesky leash always is in the way. I am wondering which of you ride with spinning bars and which ones do you think are the best. I saw a new NEXT spinning bar at the EXPO and was wondering if anyone has used it or one like it...

Thanks guys,
That Kiter... "Tired of having to unhook from chicken loop or undo leash to get lines back to normal...uggg"

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 6:28 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

have a look at the bar from http://www.kiteproshop.com
see the manual and demo videos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 6:43 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

This is a well conceived control bar system. I just got one and it is very well designed and fabricated. It offers a good option to riders that want to spin and still preserve safety and access to kiteboard by using a kite leash.

Rick Iossi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 6:59 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Has anyone converted the slingshot bar to centre line leash depowering, with the leash on one of the front lines, like the Naish bar?
Will the leash get less tangled like this?
I find the Flysurfer leash gets a lot less tangled than the slingshot on the side lines, so I was thinking of converting but only if it really helps.
At the moment I hook out/in to free the leash tangles.
Thanks for any info/ideas.
Jo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 7:18 pm 
Looks like a great bar! Rick...how much was it? I am on a small budget...:smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 7:30 pm 
Rare Poster

The kiteproshop.com bar RULES

I ride SS all the way but do not use there boom cuz it's not safe! no Q-relese and no spinning leash...

Ps. i have a pic of the new ss bar with q-relese but i cant post it here (can u "attach" file in this forum?), look here for pic; http://www.steffo.nu/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=kite&Number=84811&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=&vc=

Mvh

Pan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 7:38 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

The base on it is $190. USD. It is important to note that the price also includes an expensive tip release snap shackle. Taking that away, it prices it at or below some of the other bars out there that don't provide leashed, good spinning characteristics.

Rick Iossi

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RickI on 2002-11-06 15:36 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 8:23 pm 
I just bought a nice stainless steel snape shackle...I dont want to buy another one...I just want the bar... -JD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 8:27 pm 
Jo, a guy here converted his SS leash to centerline and says it just depowers and floats down with no tangles about 98 percent of the time. he swears by it, but I haven't tried it myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 8:40 pm 
Medium Poster

I apologize for my stupidity but I don't understand the untwisting part. Is it a Swivel in the shackle? i'm thinking my eyes are gone from the sun&water but what spins?

[ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next