All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 6:46 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Location: Vancouver, Canada. rides Naish,Ozone,North, Spotz,Aguera
What I look for in any kiteboarding magazine is tips and techniques. Show me sequence shots of riders doing tricks and descriptions of how they do it. A magazine can have all levels from how to do your first jump, to how to do board off tricks.

..just my opinion in case any publishers read this.

Chris G

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 7:15 pm 
Actually if you check out a skate mag such as Transworld, they do have some technical trick tips and product reviews, as well as some lifestyle personality stuff. I say if a mag has to be a little "punk" to attract and keep the interest some young readers, so be it. After all, the youth will drive the sport and perpetuate it. The more young faces you see in this sport, the healthier it will be in the long run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 2:47 am 
Before we shelve out our cash - God bless the internet - J Stanley u gotta be listening!

Ps Cheers Johm (The editor of the mag and a fully Tech'ed up geezer) thnx for the use of the charger in Hurghada

Dom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 9:15 am 
Very Frequent Poster

I think the safety guidelines in the kite mags are great, the height of hypocrisy, 1-2 pages of safety guidelines saying alwasy use a leash with 20 pages of leashless riders lookin cool 4 the camera, manufacturers too, oh they sell you the leash but then in their ads show you it just ain't cool to use it.
Right on

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 10:57 am 
Very Frequent Poster

very good point Jo.

I saw one mag, cover shot with a board producer doing an unhooked jump, of course, no leash and right below it: "Review on Safety Systems"

What is wrong here?

Toby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 2:34 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Well let me tell you something...if you want something in specific put in the magazine then get ahold of the editor. For the us kiteboarding magazine the guy is ryan rittitelli. He is a good guy and dedicated to getting the readers what they want. However he is located ( I think ) in Hawaii alot of the time so finds it easy to cover those guys. He would love to know how to improve the mag and I am sure that he will be happy to publish both good and bad suggestions. Let him have it. ryan.riccitelli@worldpub.net Fokkitten...dude youre soooooo radical and tough...still wearing pink panties?
Aloha R

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Royce on 2002-10-13 15:35 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 2:39 pm 
Rare Poster

Tom James who runs kiteboarding did an equally sophomoric job when he was at the USA windsurfer magazine. So which is the best kiteboarding magazine in english?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 3:30 pm 
Jo,

you are so right about the mag paying lip service to safety issues & then featuring almost 100% leash-less photos.

What particularly caught my eye was the little article on not being a "helmet" (& the accompanying photo )- apparently promoting the idea of helmet wearing being uncool. Kind of like car magazines suggesting only geeks wear seat-belts. Great idea!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 9:40 pm 
SBC Kiteboard is the best magazine I have seen so far, though I only have one issue. I think it is only published 2 times a year.

http://www.sbcmedia.com/sites/kiteboard ... board.html

Quote:
On 2002-10-13 15:39, Den wrote:
So which is the best kiteboarding magazine in english?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 10:32 pm 
SBC is monthly. US Kiteboarding mag. don't give a dam about safe riding only about looking kool while ridng Toss a few safety plugs and push like hell to do the opposite in all the spreads in all the mags. Looking good ain't gonna keep us riding if the cops shut us down. Good thing the mag. is looking after the store. Ya rite

[ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next