All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 1:55 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

when i drop my lift in strong winds,
it often happens that after flipping the kite over, on it's travel to the starting position,
the kite does something strange:

it's lifted into the air, does something like a varial 360 (always looks like it's turned inside out and back) and - kabooom! rockets up in the sky straight through the powerzone, redefining the word 'bodydrag' for me (only my knees remain in the water)

strangely, it looks, like the front and backlines MUST be tangeled, but they never are.

i'm afraid that this behaviour might shorten the lifetime of my precious piece of kitesurfing-equipment a lot.

has anyone of you had the same experience and knows how to get rid of it?
the 12.2 does nothing like this - i found out, that you can launch it at about 30° and don't have to wait until it reached 90°, but the flipover thing never happens ...

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 7:00 am 
Hi,

I have seen (and managed to do) this on a few kites, and it is always when you roll the kite over on to it's back in the centre of the window. The kite gets air underneath it, like when you carry it, and off it goes... Try moving it further towards the edge of the window before you roll it over.

Good Luck!
Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 12:59 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

how shall i do this when overpowered?

[ 3 posts ]