Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

X2 Rhino II no d-power ??

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 21, 2002 1:16 pm

i try x2 and the rhino 2 and the kites are like ablock , very powerfull good hang time but no wind range and d-power, for gusty winds they are not the best , do you agree !?
please put your comments

Keep on
Jhony Montana

norts_grom
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby norts_grom » Mon Oct 21, 2002 1:22 pm

i have not riden eiether of the kites in the water, but work at a kite shop that sells, and has riders on then, i have herd that on the X2 the depower is huge, and it is easily pushed to the edge of the window, giving it a huge wind range, but i dude riding the rhino said that because of its width, it pulled really hard and was a handfull when he is overpowered.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 21, 2002 1:35 pm

I have 3 X2's and they have huge depower. This is to be expected from their high AR and shallow foil. They fly fast to the egde of the window and depower from Chicken loop is veryn responsive. I have used my 20m in very strong winds OK.

kGreg
Medium Poster

Postby kGreg » Mon Oct 21, 2002 3:20 pm

Under gusty conditions I have seen several times, that when a strong gust hits the X2 and RRD riders through away their kites and walk back to the beach - kite under the arm - for a smaller size, while those riding a Wipika or F-One keep on riding without any major problems.
Don't get me wrong, I love the X2s, they are great, but depower is poor in relation to some other kites; specially for a non-professional.

Regards,
kGreg

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 21, 2002 3:51 pm

Your right...I had the same probs going from the ARX too X2...But, it is a matter off teknik, that you have too learn, plus too get the whide range you have too sail faster, and on smaller boards. But then the range is HUGE, but as they said...it not for beginners, but for Experts, else go for a AERO2...

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:27 pm

The most important factor in depower of any kite is how you rig it! If you can oversheet it more then a tad you are cheeting yourself on depower. this is my opinion, I ride my buds gear and can't beleive how f-up they are in regaurds to range,but then again they kick ass and seem not to suffer too much? so make yourself happy and be safe!

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:46 pm

On 2002-10-21 14:16, Anonymous wrote:
i try x2 and the rhino 2 and the kites are like ablock , very powerfull good hang time but no wind range and d-power, for gusty winds they are not the best , do you agree !?
please put your comments

Keep on
Jhony Montana
Typical new kiter comments. You need more skill.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:51 pm

I modified my chicken loop line making it longer, and that gave me even more depower range on my X2. Both X2 and Rhino II have great depowering range. Rig it correctly in a way that suits your body, shoulders, skills, riding style etc.
These are excellent kites. The Rhino II has better construction!
goodwinds

aklbob
Frequent Poster

Postby aklbob » Tue Oct 22, 2002 3:04 am

I found the new high wind limit for my 12 X2 is 27 knots for my weight.. 72kg (160 lbs)
Considering my low wind limit is 12 knots with the same board.. now thats depower..

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 22, 2002 6:35 am

That must be gusts to 27 right? I could never hang onto my X2 12 in 27 for any length of time, of course my lower limit is about 10 and I'm having a good time

Return to “Kitesurfing”