fokiten
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby fokiten » Sun Oct 20, 2002 4:19 pm

On 2002-10-20 14:01, Anonymous wrote:
Hey fokiten

Can you a picture of your 5 star setup, I can not work it out from your post

thanx
I do not have digital camera, but i wil try to do better: 1. you must have machine screw insert for plate or footstrap,2 attach beefy cord with larkshead around screw and top off with washer,3 now one must secure this cord at rear of board for saftey, this is where you use the fin screws or center fin hole if you have them, 4 rig aline or strap across rear deck fin screw to fin screw and in the center secure your beefy cord so it pulls on machine screw yet is kept from moving by the fin screw to fin srew strap, it is sex like attachment there :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fokiten on 2002-10-20 17:40 ]</font>

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 21, 2002 5:15 pm

Fokiten - so the leash is attached in to the board in three places on a twin tip - the footstrap/baseplate screw, then 2 back fins.

Is then whole load when the leash pulls put on the footstrap/baseplate screw attachment or ideally equally distributed between all three attachement points?

Also how long is your leash - no John Holmes type answers

sorry for the questions but it seems like a good set up.

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Mon Oct 21, 2002 11:48 pm

On 2002-10-21 18:15, Anonymous wrote:
Fokiten - so the leash is attached in to the board in three places on a twin tip - the footstrap/baseplate screw, then 2 back fins.

Is then whole load when the leash pulls put on the footstrap/baseplate screw attachment or ideally equally distributed between all three attachement points?

Also how long is your leash - no John Holmes type answers

sorry for the questions but it seems like a good set up.
The john holmes reference was to illistrate that this was a macho set-up! I ment no offence. My stout rope is only 8 inches long and on my board i have a center fin so i attach my leach bungee loop here with q-line that slips alongside of my fin and ties on top around where the stout rope is attached to my bungee loop. If you have no center fin then your alternative fin to fin strap should only be a loop that the stout rope passes through sorry THIS IS sex like. also given the nature of yanks, the load will only be shared by stout rope and one fin screw. he said screw,oops again, kidding!! ps on my set up I have a small spring clip on this short stout rope that i use to clip my bar to the board, that way i can climb the lines and fix or save a downed and tangled or in danger kite, also this clip is what i secure my booties to in summer and stufum under the stout rope. I love multi tasking gear, go big or go home!

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 22, 2002 10:24 am

Oh Fokiten you saucy boy - 8 inches my word

Return to “Kitesurfing”