All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 3:23 am 
Very Frequent Poster

I really don't mind either way, BUT, I have got lots of good Advice/Tips from 'Anons', and (I'm Very Thankful) but, its a bit of a let down when you don't know who to give Credit, and a Big ThanX to! Its all Good Either Way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 4:19 am 
open forum = for the kiters by the kiters without regaurd to brand loyalty,place of origin or poor social skills, open forum = only true forum. f-em but let-um or loose it all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 8:36 am 
Medium Poster

I already brought this subject up a few weeks ago and remember getting flamed!!! Alot of people that post under "ano" post from work, and don't want to register on work PC's... which is fair I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 2:03 pm 
toby is far by right. having people able 2 post without signing will always get us more information than if we all had to sign in. someone said above that everytime you post here you are working to build your reputation here. with that on mind, evertime someone have something to say that might come across negative or controversial they can say it without worry of ruining their reputation here. end result is an even more free flow of free thoughts which is what we want isn't it?

what amazing that even though you dont have sign anything here or login these forums still are worlds above all other forums and especially yahoo! and the crap and noise that goes on there. you do have to sign in there at yahoo! and it doesnt seem to stop any bashing at all. so to me its obvious that doing away with anonymous would do more harm than good. i think yahoo's yahoos have proven that. if a forum has a good moderator he can keep his forums in line and still allow anons like toby can. if the moderator is no good or just doesnt care the forums go to hell either way.

it's true, most time toby does know who anonymous is. think about that mr. anonymous the next time you decide to use your big mouth! rest assured that he wont tell you who it is if you ask him out of respect for them wishing to be anonymous so don't even bother asking. if i was toby i probably wouldnt have told that here. next thing he will be getting tons of "who is this guy anonymous in such and such post?" mail and private message to have to deal with in the nice friendly professional and efficient manner that he is known for. i have asked him on couple different occasions and got no where. today i respect toby more for that, and because of that we can know that we can post anyonymous if we want without fear of toby telling everyone who it was. so save your time and be nice enough to not even throw our forum moderator(who does very little to no moderating) into the postion of having to tell you that he cant tell you. he's good guy and doesnt deserve being put in that spot.

my vote(are we even voting?) is to leave the forums as they are. they didn't become the worlds number 1 kitesurfing forum any other way and its working great so far. keep up the good work and good forums toby. we all enjoy them.

mr. anonymous
a.k.a. anony-mouse
a.k.a. anon
:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 4:04 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

thx for the nice words!

"if i was toby i probably wouldnt have told that here"

If you would be in my position, you would have told that as well, because this way you let people know, that they are not that anonymously as they might think.

I don't care too much what soemone writes e.g. bad or good about material, all different opinions, but I do care if someone starts personal attacks, which is not neccessary if you have different opinions. Just accept their opinion and than your fine, as long as YOU know what you like and prefer.

Of course no-one will get to know who posted what, unless someone takes it absolutely too far, but I'm really patient.

And since I can't read all postings (2 month before I still was able to...) you can be a great help in assisting me if someone is taking it to far. Just a simple mail or private message will do and I will have a look about what is going on.
Some guys did it before and it really helped to improve the quality of the forums.

So, looking forward to a great future with you guys, who are the most important part and the energy behind these forums.
The sad part about this forum is, that we might never meet each other...

But I have an idea, how we can at least get to know more about each other... but it will take a while...

Enjoy
Toby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 9:21 am 
Very Frequent Poster

If being anonymous enables people to speak their mind about KITESURFING issues... I don't see the problem with it......

But if their being assholes about everyday crap and just causing trouble..... ^^^%^^&$#@$#@!%$@%#^^%

BLOWN AWAY AND RUSTED IN PEACE!!!!!.....!!!!!
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 9:37 am 
Well, my opinion on this question is:
yes
Anonymous

[ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2