Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Should anonymouse users be allowd to post?

Forum for kitesurfers
kitingkt
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby kitingkt » Mon Oct 21, 2002 9:43 pm

hi all,

After reading what Anonymous said to MissionMan in the post, Kiteboarding Fatality in SA (phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=2924&forum=1&10) I was curious if the admin or anyone in this forum has discussed making it readable by all but, you could only post if you had the nerve to register and put a name on your words.

I have been reading this forum for only a couple of months and it looks like Anonymous users surely do throw around a lot of trash talking while hiding behind an unknown identity.

Any thoughts?

kt

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Mon Oct 21, 2002 10:05 pm

kt, it wouldn't make sense to have just registered people only.

With this anonymous postings we get also some infos which we never would get with using names. Of course, using no names are done to write something more provocativ than using your name.

Normally "ano's" behave and don't write stupid stuff. Unfortunately they do sometimes and also some attack personally, which is totally stupid and isn't interesting at all to read.

Don't forget: they are anonymous to you, but not to me, since I can see their IP's. So I know who posted that! But I don't say it until someone really goes over the limit several times. If someone writes something not nice, maybe he didn't have a good day or so. So they get a chance. But if someone goes over the limit several times and has been warned as well, that person will be banned from the forum.

But up to know, luckily, I didn't have to do this. And I hope I never have to!!!

Greez
Toby

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 21, 2002 10:13 pm

Really it is all pretty anonymous anyway unless you put your first and last name as your username.

Trent
Hink

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Mon Oct 21, 2002 10:39 pm

good point

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 21, 2002 10:50 pm

i cant "connekt"...Dont know why, and am not that skilld in computer...sorry

larry.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Mon Oct 21, 2002 10:58 pm

On 2002-10-21 23:50, Anonymous wrote:
i cant "connekt"...Dont know why, and am not that skilld in computer...sorry

larry.
Larry, did you try to register and it didn't work?
Or did you already register and can't log in?

WildThang
Medium Poster

Postby WildThang » Mon Oct 21, 2002 11:31 pm

Hey Toby,

Just wanted to take a moment to commend you on how this forum is run.( If indeed you are the one deserving the praise. :smile: )

I think information is shared more efficiently without having to wade through all the personal attacks, flaming, and bs.
I haven't been a registered user very long, but have followed the forums off and on. This is one of 2 I chose to join.

Keep up the good work, I'm sure it's not easy trying to be tolerant of so many different views, but you seem very patient.

-Eric

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby murdoc » Mon Oct 21, 2002 11:50 pm

everytime someone(not anonymous) posts here, he adds another contribution to his reputation.
so, everyone listens if dwight or royce (just for example) has something to say, maybe because these dudes already helped you out a few times ...

now if there's a thread about a new kite and some of the users with a good reputation agree that this kite is great, and an anonymous posting (the best ones are those with only one line text) says that this particular kite's a piece of crap, whom do u believe?

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Tue Oct 22, 2002 12:04 am

Eric : thx a lot! It is not really hard, you just have to keep in mind that we all are different and therefore have diferent opinions, which is good the way it is.

Murdoc : good point as well.

kitingkt
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kitingkt » Tue Oct 22, 2002 12:32 am

hey fellas,

ok, i figured i would just put this out as a suggestion. yeah, i know we are all really anonymous but, thought it might keep the forum a little more personal and not turn into what one person descibed 'as bad as the yahoo kite forum'. i can't attest to that since i have not been on the yahoo forum but, can understand what they meant.

kt

ps. i read the one with the posting of the photos of everyone and think that is my favorite thread so far.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kitingkt on 2002-10-22 01:33 ]</font>

Return to “Kitesurfing”