All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 4:34 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Hello everybody,
today we had a very interesting day here in sunny Bali. Trying to forget all the bad things caused by the bombing all the kitesurfer were at Kuta in 10-12 knots of wind. We all used about the same size of kite and same size of board so as the wind was not that exciting I decide to make some cross check testing. These are my impressions and the impressions of the other 2 friends.
Each kite was properly tuned as all of us as been flying it for quite some time.
The kite with more low end power was the AB followed very very closed by the Lift very far the X2, wile able to jump on the AB and Lift with the X2 we were struggling to stay up-wind.
The faster turning kite is the X2 then the AB and the Lift almost the same.
With the Lift you have to put more pressure on the bar for turning then the AB (without the bridle) lighter on the bar is the X2.
The X2 is wobbling a lot with all his 140 something panel, rocket struts and 7 bladder, better the AB and rock solid the Lift even with only 5 bladder.
End of the day 2 happy kite owner and one less happy.
My point is please being aware of some posting about how good is one kite and bla bla bla.
By the end I can say that is not such a great kite as many people said earlier when the kite was introduced to the public.
We know it can hold more wind but to be able to compare and sail with the other 2 kites we should have used a bigger size (18), then I think the range of the kite come back to about the same then the other 2.
So be aware of all new technologic shit they try to sell to you.
I know this post will start a war, but if you have a chance just try by yourself with your friends in your local beach.....
Bye Jankie

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 8:15 pm 
No comment...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 10:02 pm 
Frequent Poster

yes, you are right, the 11.8 will have a little more power than a X2 16 which is smaller, the X2 18 is the identical size to the 11.8 Airblast. The 18 does have a bit more power than the 11.8. As for the 12.2, I can't comment too much, but the lift 12.2 was sized a bit smaller than these other two, and the local at my beach didn't get a good low end out of it but the top end of the lift 12.2 was much higher than these other kites( like 4-5 knots higher)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 10:05 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Damn, I got some heavy gas today... :grin: Must be all that falafel at lunch...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 12:31 am 
Frequent Poster

The low end on a 13.5 Ar5 is better than any of these, what's your point, does it make the Naish Ar5 better?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 2:59 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Hello again,
what I mean is quite easy. In March when the X2 was release a lot of people post on the internet about how great was the kite, better then anything in the market.
Sorry but this is bullshit, you can prefere this brand or that brand but the X2 is a very average kite that for the same flat area doesn't perform as well as the other.
This is a fact.
AB 11,8=16 sm flat - Lift 12,2=15,5 sm flat.
If you check atound on the web, were people sell used kite you will find more X2 for sale then any other kite!! last kite to come in the market and the first to go!!
Actually my friend on the beach yesterday said that he prefere his old ARX 15,5 to the x2 at least it deliver power. But he also said that he was holding the X2 16 on 20 knots of wind few days before!
Sorry but on 20 knots I'm already using something around 12 sm that perform better then a 16 sm...
Bye Jankie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:06 am 
Whats the flatt area of a 16m x2? it's 16m isn't it? or 15.5 at least! so they were comparing kites of the same size Aklbob.

I can even tell you that here, 2 riders, same weight same board have tested 12.2lift vs 18m X2... the 12.2 still got going even earlier than the 18mx2. Then they swapped kites, the 12.2 still got going earlier than the 18m!

The X2 might jump wwell when powered, but thats about it, forget any lightwind range!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:51 am 
Frequent Poster

The 11.8 is good for 20 knots too, well known for having huge depower but less bottom end.. how do all these compare to a North Rhino?
Maybe some sizes of any particular brand are more or less powerful for their size than others? My 12 x2 is drastically more powerful than my 8.4 Airblast, even though they are identical in size..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:52 am 
Frequent Poster

What settings were used for the X2 kites? back/front attachments? What type of board? It's well known some kites are more suited to some boards...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 9:16 am 
No matter what people might say about the X2s, I still thank the moment I read this list and ended up buying an X2 12m. The best kite I've ever tried, and I've tried almost all of them.
Thanks Kiteforum, and viva X2 12m.
goodwinds

[ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next