All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:39 am 
Frequent Poster

I came from Wipika Airblasts, which I found were on par with the Airush lifts from what I could see with our local riders, and the X2 is a really huge jump in performance for me, but like everyone says, every kite has different characteristics, if you are not used to the way they work, and don't modify your style, then you won't get good performance from them. Kites which your can't oversheet suit more of the general population, as you don't have to fine tune to get the performance out of them..
I would say that the 18 X2 isn't quite the powerhouse for its size that the X2 12 is, but you are superlit earlier and are trucking upwind much earlier. Even though the jumping performance of the 12m is amazing even in 15 knots, it lacks the upwind ability in 15 knots you need after those huge jumps to get you back upwind...!
The other trick with getting the low end out of the 18 X2 is to use the fixed harness line, like most naish kites flying it hooked in works well, doesn't work well with Wipika Airblasts which need to be worked sheeting in and out to get the low end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 2:50 pm 
Frequent Poster

I think you guys got mixed up and compared kites instead of windranges!!!!

Every kite is different and have slighlty different windranges. Why dont you for argument sake test the 3 kites again on 20+ knots and see who comes out happy and who comes out hurt.

Plus Judging a kite because it cant fly in shitty winds is ludacris. And who cares about just jumping or going upwind. The kites where designed to be Well powered So the user can use it to go big. Sure everyone will still go out for a cruz when the winds arnt that strong. But I would never judge my kite perfomance on that.

My F12 Kicks in at about 18 knots and goes beserk at 25. But I can stay upwind in 12. I wish every day I was in beserk. :smile:

I think POWERED UP is the key word

Rod

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 4:38 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Quote:
On 2002-10-28 21:37, Anonymous wrote:
blown away... "you can't beat an X2 for lift".... interesting comment, have you actually ridden any other new kites to compare lift with the x2 or are you just blowing a bunch of wind.
I personelly have never flown an x2 so I wouldn't know but I do know a number of very experienced riders getting off X2's and onto another brand who are super stoke with their new found extra lift amoungst other things

I'm blowin a bunch of wind .... as I allways do..... but other guys who say the same thing as me don't blow wind.....

It's all about rider style.... The X2 jumps really well if you time it right .....

Some other kites are more forgiving and on these you may get higher air.

With the X2 though you get big air for how powered you are.....

BLOWN AWAY :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 4:43 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Quote:
On 2002-10-28 23:17, Anonymous wrote:
The friends of mine that compared 12.2 airush lift with 18m X2, also found that not only did the 12.2 get going earlier but It started jumping earlier too. and it's 3sqm smaller than the X2...

Give it up guys, are you on naishes pay roll or what?

Yes and I plan getting my self a complete quiver of X3s, X10s, AERO IIs and VIRUS IIs not to mention the complete range of 2003 Naish boards..... free of charge from Robby Naish himself.....

Yeah I wish!!!!!!! :evil: :evil:

BLOWN AWAY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 4:47 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I'm more an AERO fanatic to be honest.... but the X2 12m DOES go well..... In the end though it really doesn't matter about equipment....

Flash Austin could still jump higher than all of us even if used a Wipika classic......

la la la la

BLOWN AWAY :evil:

[ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4