All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 8:20 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

On the long ride part, my longest is only about 23 miles although a typical nice session must exceed 50 miles, back and forth. I would like to go from Miami to Bimini in the Bahamas sometime though, only about 70 to 80 miles allowing for leeway and set. Anyone interested?

Neal Hutchinson in preparing for the World Record Key West to Cuba Crossing did a 125 mile run in semi-sheltered waters for a warmup in about 6 hours. Have other guys put in some impressive miles shredding down the coast or island to island?

Rick Iossi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 11:17 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Rick,
We have done a few downwinders as described by me in the above post, and we are talking about doing more. The next goal will be a launch from like Sand Key(shown on my above map) and riding down the Gulf Coast beach line as far south as we or the wind can hold out. Who knows how far we will get on the first attempt...obviously, conditioning for this will be a great help. Maybe we'll make it all the way down to South Florida...and rest assured if we do, WE WILL come knocking on your door for a ride back! :wink: That's WAAAAY more walking than any man should have to do.

More details on this downwinder as it get's more put together and planned. Any and all will be welcome to set off with us and see how far they can make it, and we probably wont have much boat support since we will be following a coastline, so if you do ride it, you're kinda on your own out there.

Later

[ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2