All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 4:17 pm 
During lift you pull the bar to max. power, for the gliding phase / air time what is better:

- keep it at max. power until just before landing???

or

- depower to some extent???

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 4:34 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

My experiences says, that you go blasting almost fully depowered with max. speed without losing your edge - then full power just on takeoff so you'll get "blown" up - then ease out a little so the kite does not loose speed - and then full power again in the soaring phase, just until landing approaches - where you ease out again.

This way I get the highest and longest jumps with my Airblasts !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 4:54 pm 
Quote:
On 2002-10-27 16:34, Peter_Frank wrote:
My experiences says, that you go blasting almost fully depowered with max. speed without losing your edge - then full power just on takeoff so you'll get "blown" up - then ease out a little so the kite does not loose speed - and then full power again in the soaring phase, just until landing approaches - where you ease out again.

This way I get the highest and longest jumps with my Airblasts !

So you depower just a little between lift and gliding / soaring phase?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 5:26 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

What is the chicken loop and bar control technic on the F-12 Arc for jumping?
Bela

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 5:29 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Didn't someone say you pump the bar on the psycho to get higher, longer jumps? Maybe this works with our kites too.
Jo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 9:07 pm 
As one who loves to make a point, IT IS CLEAR THE BEST RIDDERS USE THE TRIM LOOP WHILE JUMPING, HEY you fixed loop freaks who have told me over and over that you are more advanced and that it is OK, I could jump in the trim loop if, I felt it was easier for me, WHAT DID YOU SAY AGAIN? Im listening! UGOTALUVIT Thick as mollassos in january and just as silent.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fokiten on 2002-10-27 22:25 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 11:56 pm 
like peter said, sheet in on take off, let it out a little when turning the kite forward again - gives a faster turn, keeps more power than if you stall the kite out during the turn, then sheet back in for the trip back down to the water will give you more glide...

[ 7 posts ]