Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

wildest tricks out there?

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 27, 2002 1:09 pm

what are the most tech, crazy and big tricks that have been performed?

is it a 1800spin with some cute grab, a flippy/spinny-thing with board-off maybe?

triple loops?

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby murdoc » Sun Oct 27, 2002 2:08 pm

you know the KGB?
it's a no whip backflip with a backside 360 handlepass on top of the rotation.

i think a big 1440 with a grab's ok, but only if you do a quad boardpass in the same jump :wink:

there are insane possibilities ...

the pitbull's a loop over the bar (2 line kite, long bar, small board, and a high jump requred)

i've seen a rider doing a 1080 or 720 backwards and a 360 forward in the same jump.

just let your imagination play, there's lots of possibilities of tricks that always were impossible in every other sport.

we dreamed about jumping up and turning the board in mid-air in '2000 but never thought that it's possible and now, every rider at contest level does that ...

Marley
Medium Poster

Postby Marley » Sun Oct 27, 2002 2:57 pm

Marley
Medium Poster

Postby Marley » Sun Oct 27, 2002 2:59 pm

whoooops!
I think the hardest are handle passing spinning body and board leaving from a rail to a rail while picking nose and smiling.

TOUGH STUFF

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 27, 2002 3:22 pm

i've seen a rider doing a 1080 or 720 backwards and a 360 forward in the same jump

cool indeed. did it look sketchy though?

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 27, 2002 11:53 pm

Slim chance without a doubt is still the most technical and styly move out there...

This board of put it behind your back and wipe your ass with the rail stuff is ugly - hard to do, but it doesn't even look good...

It's all about the style!

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 27, 2002 11:58 pm

test

ptraykovski
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ptraykovski » Mon Oct 28, 2002 1:29 am

I still think the "pelican man" is the coolest trick. It is like an deadman but you need a shackle to do it. So get a really big jump 30' off the deck or so. flip upside down like you were going to do a deadman but keep one hand on your shackle. Then when you see a fish pull the shackle.....

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All Mexico: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo. Acapulco, Guerrero. Boca del Rio, Veracruz.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Ozone Kites: Reo V3 8m, Edge V9 8m, C4 2015 10m, Edge V9 13m, Chrono V3 15m, Ozone Zephyr V5 17m. Core XR5 10m.
Boards: Fone Acid 132 2016, ASP NZ Stealth Custom 135, Axis Limited 140 2018, Axis Ultra 144 2015,Axis New Wave 5'8" Surf, Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surf, Camet Custom 139 Foilboard and Alpine Foil Access V3 Foil, Naish Alaia Strapless
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone,Core,Slingshot,Naish,F-ONE,Crazy Fly,Axis,Mystic,Manera,Pro-Limit & Dakine.

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:18 am

I personally am not impressed by most of the wake style tricks, i come from a wakeboarding background(ski'd since i was 5 years old, and wakeboarded for 9 years) and i could do many inverted tricks, jumps, grabs, 360's 180's handle passes, etc. I am not impressed by a handle pass with the kite, it is so easy, the bar is huge, besides you have all the time in the world to do it. There are wakeboarders(boat towed) pulling much more tecnical tricks than what wakeboarders do, some of them pull double inverts from a boat wake!
This is my opinion, i think a huge slow tabletop roll off a wave is much cooler, and to get it right and land perfect to make it seem it is easy, is harder to do and more technical. Also, nice transitions, they involve board and kite skills, unlike some board only tricks.
My 2 pesos worth,
Andres

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 28, 2002 7:45 am

Yeah,
I think alot of the techy wake tricks look lame as well. They look good in slow mo and pics, but when you see them real time they look kinda awkward, like a fish stuggling on the end of a hook.

But I do agree that it IS all about style, and what feels good.

I am still looking for a big perfect barrel. (i would settle for anything but pro wise I think it is quite possible, anyone seen the dudes wakeboarding at teahpoo (sic??). I think given the right conditions kiting barrels would be way more stylish.

Laters,

Pete.
PS to any photogs reading, I need water shots, land shots just dont do barrels and justice.

Return to “Kitesurfing”