All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 10:28 am 
I went out and bought myself a new Fusion seat harness today and then gave it a good 4 hour workout. Feels pretty good except the leg straps continually come undone. I've just done a search on this problem and it seems everyone knew about this except me. Can anyone tell me if Dakine has acknowledged this as a design fault and that I should return it or do I just have to live with it and fix it with cable ties or something similar? It still works OK as a waist harness but if I wanted a waist harness I would have bought one.
Thanks, Brad.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 11:01 am 
Frequent Poster

Hi Brad,
I haven't had any problem with my Fusion. As a matter of fact, I'm on my 2nd one after I just flat wore the other one out. The first model (the one I had)had a flaw with the leg straps tearing off. I had them sewn back on and reinforced with webbing. That little bit of work cost me 1 day of riding and $15. That's not really much considering how much use I got out of the thing. And I obviously liked it enough to buy this year's model as well. I'm not sure what's going on with your particular harness, but maybe you could take it back to the shop where you bought it. Or maybe send it back to Dakine. I think that the Fusion is the best harness on the market, for ME anyway. Good luck and don't give up!

SENDIT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 11:13 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Location: Germany, flying GK Sonic 11+8, riding F-One Sk8 35 / Trax 39, Spleene Door 42
Tried many harnesses, waist and seat. Fusion was clearly my winner, no problems since then :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:51 pm 
Thanks guys. Glad to hear you have no problems with yours. Previous threads suggest that some Fusions came out with faulty buckles and it looks like I've been lucky enough to get one of those. I'll send Dakine an email and see what they say.
Cheers, Brad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 2:18 pm 
the fusion is the best harness ive used so far,the trick is not to over tighten the leg straps also there is no need to because it sits pretty tight.
I usually keep the leg straps not tight at all ,the fusion does not rely on them so much as other harnesses.
i really love this harness,have it for 2 months now,aftre ive gone thruogh 4 other kinds in the past and nothing worked properly.

Yaron-Israeli kitesurfer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:25 pm 
I had the same problem as you did with the leg straps. I called Dakine and they said that the buckles are defective. They offered to fix my harness at no charge, but I had to send it in. I asked if they could just send the buckles and they did no problem. I just undid the thread on the end of the strap and replaced the male end of the buckle. I sewed up the end of the strap with some dental floss and so far so good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:35 pm 
On an earlier fushion thread someone said to cross the leg straps {X) for maximum comfort any one tried this yet? wadyathink?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:05 pm 
I agree with above: Leave leg straps loose. When you do this you must tighten the velcro as tight as you can and cinch the spreader bar tight. Feels uncomfortable at first but but on the water its fine. The leg straps just kill my balls in a wetsuit if I tighten them. It seems like the straps are useless if not tightened, but I still like it better than waist a harness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 7:52 pm 
dont know how many others unclip the leg straps but I know i never do. My clips came undone once on my second harness, couldnt be bothered mucking around so Glued the to together. No more problems and still have adjustment

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 10:22 pm 
Thanks all for your comments. Much appreciated. Fokiten, yes the leg straps are meant to be crossed over otherwise you'll probably end up with an industrial strength wedgie which aint fun.
Brad.

[ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next