Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

pyro drysuit

forum for kitesurfers

mantismaster
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby mantismaster » Tue Oct 29, 2002 9:31 pm

Any body got any suggestions where to find an ocean rodeo drysuit for a great deal?

randykato
Very Frequent Poster

Postby randykato » Tue Oct 29, 2002 9:47 pm

"...If it all works , these guys from europe want to sell me one for $375.00 w/shipping."

what happened to this deal? I was looking up your old post to refer you to...then i saw it was you. try kitesite.net . . . i THINK i remember somebody saying they got one from them for just over $400.

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Tue Oct 29, 2002 10:18 pm

On the rec.windsurfing newsgroup there was a good discussion on baggy drysuits. They said you sweat real bad in a non-breathable suit. Now that I think about my experiences last winter with one, I did sweat a lot, and I did feel clamy inside it. They all said the Kokatat baggy suit made from breathable Gore-Tex is the ultimate in all day comfort. They really do stay dry using polar tech undergarments. I guess I was getting more wet from sweat than sea water.

http://www.kokatat.com for the real gore-tex suits. Try not to faint when you see the price.

I would buy Gore-tex before buying a Pyro. Read the windsurf group and you will see what I mean.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dwight on 2002-10-29 22:19 ]</font>

mantismaster
Medium Poster

Postby mantismaster » Wed Oct 30, 2002 2:05 am

Well, I am super skinny and dont sweat much so I am not worried about sweat. I was thinking the pyro suit because it is especially made for kiting by kiters. Everybody I have talked to is totally stoked on them.I am still hesitant to spend even more money on a suit made for kayaking. Just my opinion though!

Instant
Rare Poster

Postby Instant » Wed Oct 30, 2002 3:11 am

I own a Pyro. Although it is well made and well articulated, you sweat like a bowl of grandmas stew in ziplock.

If you can fork out the cash - go with gortex. But remember, even the best drysuits only last a few seasons - UV, crashing, storing them wet - we all do it occasionally...

Oh ya I paid $640 Cdn (Equalls like $10 US:)
R.

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Wed Oct 30, 2002 3:31 am

http://www.wettech.com/products.drysuits.html

Here is the poor mans fake gore-tex suit.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 30, 2002 7:28 pm

On 2002-10-29 22:18, Dwight wrote:
On the rec.windsurfing newsgroup there was a good discussion on baggy drysuits.

Kokatat doesn't exactly have a great rep amongst kayakers. They may have gotten better in the last few years, but fit and quality were sometimes issues.

As for non-breathable suits, if you sweat real bad, it's probably not cold enough to really need one. I had a bag for 6 or 7 years. I now use a 5/3 rubber suit instead and except for a few days a winter in the 30s it's quite adequate. When the weather was in the 30s I didn't sweat much at all in the baggy suit but I also wouldn't spend all day on the water/beach. The goretex is sure to be more comfortable for extended wear periods, you get what you pay for.

R!

Return to “Kitesurfing”