Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kite Surfing in St Lucia

Forum for kitesurfers
Marcus P-W
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Marcus P-W » Fri Jul 12, 2002 5:36 pm

I've heard that St Lucia is great for Kite Surfing. Any low down on where to go and when?

Royce
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Royce » Fri Jul 12, 2002 10:58 pm

St. Lucia is a good place to kite. For me it was a little light but not too sure if it is like that all the time. I had a chase boat while I was there because the wind was a little off shore. The north shore has some good spots, just ask the windsurfers where to go. I only give St. Lucia a 6 out of 10 as a carribean kitesurf destination due to expensive hotels, not guaranteed winds and few locations to sail. Great island though.
Aloha. R .

jever98
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jever98 » Mon Jul 15, 2002 8:23 am

Hi Marcus,

loops going good now?
A friend of mine ran the Club Mistral surf school at the southern tip of of the island till may this year. He says it should be good for kite surfing, since its cross-on and a large bay. I don't know whether there any restrictions, though.
It's probably a good idea to get in touch with Club Mistral (http://www.club-mistral.com) to help you.
Njoy,
Nico

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 30, 2002 7:03 pm

Hello all,
you can see the club mistral st lucia website at http://www.slucia.com/windsurf

They now offer great kitesurfing having sorted out the problems with the CAA and airport.
See you there

jever98
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jever98 » Wed Oct 30, 2002 7:16 pm

Great, I will be there in a few weeks!

Return to “Kitesurfing”