All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 5:02 pm 
u r righ foki'.(if i got righ wath u r saying about second chance...).as many as possible.im glud my new psycho has a QR but with the Black Tip i had NO chance to release the loop from the hook under hard pulling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 5:08 pm 
Medium Poster

yes thanks that was me again.(problems with the connection)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 5:12 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

The is no difference between been shacked or hooked to a QR loop in a sudden high powered drag or lofting situation. Unhooking in advance or activating the shackle are also the same thing.
A safe QR system need a two stage release. One QR to let go the bar and other to let go everything (bar and leash). This aproach gives you a backup release just in case.
The firs release have to be easy to activate beein dragged a high speed, blind and underwater, Sound this familiar?, or of course lofted. I m convinced that you have no time to found a little rope/ball release in real emergency. So I have done some R&D and found a much better solution.
I m using a custom pin&tube QR for some months and it is much more reliable than the snap shackle. It is symetrical and the release trigger is very easy to found sliding your hand down the depower line. The force you need to release is minimal (not as the naish QR loop that is very hard to release and you have to push it up in a very unnatural way).
This QR is mounted inline with a wichard ( or any other good SS). This is the secondary release that let you get out of everything with one move.
This secondary QR could be mounted in other ways. (I like also mounting it parallel at the harness spreader bar, this way the shacke is in a fixed position and the release rope/ball /webbing also)
I choose mounting it inline for practical reasons and believing that is not so critical this secondary leash release. (But critical enough to trust in a wichard snap shackle).
I will try to take some pics and video of the system working (It also is full spinning leash)
Hernan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 5:26 pm 
Medium Poster

. I m convinced that you have no time to found a little rope/ball release in real emergency
...thats ecxacly what i did m8.a little ball for easy acces on release from the chicken rope! :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kpipis on 2002-11-05 17:27 ]</font>

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4