All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 10:38 am 
I know that there are a lot of kiteboarding movies out on the market ,but I am looking for a video where I can learn a lot from .

A lot of the video's shows wonderfull radical moves but they never show the kiteposition etc... so that's not the thing I need...

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 10:56 am 
Frequent Poster

Hi Anon,

I don't know of any movies like this on the net. It's really hard getting a kite in a shot and have the rider big enough to see what he's doing...

Generally you can figure out where the kite is and what it's doing, in most of the big jump tricks it's the standard, whip the kite back - redirect it forward again, doing you move at the same time - if it's hands off the bar, then usually thats with the kite directly overhead and moving slightly in the direction you plan on landing...

When you watch the movies you should be able to figure out the basic kite movement...

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Callum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 12:02 pm 
no worries I know what you say, for the normal jumps it is like that I know, but I am interested in the transitions , to know at which point there are putting there kite down etc..., it makes a lot of difference and it would help me by crashing less if I would know which way is the correct one instead on trial and error

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 1:16 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Get "RIDE HARD". It only shows rider and kite once in the entire movie, BUT, it has excellent footage of a few kite comps. Not the typical 100 foot airs that most movies have, but real world day to day primo kitesurfing. Excellent tunes and 2 hours long and just $30.oo. Sorry I can't remember the link to buy it but I'm sure somebody will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 3:16 pm 
check out the trick section on the pkra, http://www.pkra.info

this shows you enough of the bar and lines on most trick to work it out, but really watching mark shinn aint going to help, it will give you ideas, but thats all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 7:17 am 
I have copies of Ride Hard in stock. Great mocie too. Let me know if you would like to buy a copy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 1:15 pm 
I seem to remember awake having a fair amount of kite in frame action, but I havent seen it for a while

Pete.

[ 7 posts ]