All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 9:50 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Hi Xboy, I have pretty long arms but would like to be able to ride with the bar all out in both strong and light winds.
Don't think a cable tie would stop the bar, has to be something stronger but ideally something you can also move easy,not screwed down, so you can adjust it as the wind changes.

Hernan, i tried short depower and long trim but there were times when I definately wanted more depower range, gusty for example, now I've got long depower and trim, which is great but would also like a way of adjusting. No dice huh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 10:00 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Jo, do you see my bungie bar? I have to update the pictures as I have a new setup that works even better. Trust me, very confortable. Holds the bar at riding distance, to depower just push. Is in the middle of rinding on the fixed loop and chicken. The system could be rigged with a standard chicken loop too. You will miss the spinning leash option (works perfect).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 10:06 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Sorry, here is the link:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kitesurf/ ... g%20leash/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 10:27 am 
Very Frequent Poster

yeah good bar Hernan, I've seen it before and am thinkin on it, does it make the bar neautral like the Flysurfer system?
Jo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 2:28 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

No exactly. It is neutral (floating) at riding distance (half depower range). Going to full power have less assistance so it more like not having it (more forces on the bar, what is good). When a gust hits you, you could push the bar up to depower (slight up force or just let it go up forced by the increase in pressure from the kite). Another good thing is the stabilitiy it gives to the kite, because the depower movements are slower, shorter and more gradual.
Im still in the "development" stages. looking for the right bungie size, how much spread between straps, etc.
The big thing is how it force the swivel at the shacke to rotate following the bar for a 100% spinning leash.
I m riding 80% in the bungie. When I want full free depower (launching, landing, wind pick up too much for that kite) I could disconect the bungie from the "chicken hook" and ride as usual.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hernan on 2002-11-05 14:29 ]</font>

[ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2