Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

...the problem with all the Slingshot Fuel threads....

Forum for kitesurfers
jever98
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby jever98 » Tue Nov 05, 2002 7:16 pm

is that there are too damn many of them in this forum!

Can someone give a summary on the ranges and the correct trim? And also, does that thing jellyfish at all?

Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Johnny TBKS » Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:30 am

Sounds to me like you don't like the posts on SlingShot or something. So then....may I ask why you are asking for more of them?

:wink:

Johnny

jever98
Frequent Poster

Postby jever98 » Wed Nov 06, 2002 9:03 am

Oh no, I am just getting frustrated looking for the specific answers. Actually, I am very keen on the Slings. It's just a bit of a puzzle to get the info out.

For example: I heard from someone that you could fly the 13 Fuel (at 90kg or 200lbs) up to 30 knots, similar to the Airblast 8.4. This would be amazing! How about the 9 Fuel or GTO? Can anyone give me some feedback on how far up they can be ridden? Because I am moving to cape town and want to figure out which size to take as the smallest.

Keep the info coming :smile:

jever98
Frequent Poster

Postby jever98 » Wed Nov 06, 2002 10:54 am

Oops!
Just reread my posting and it sounds a bit negative. Wasn't intended. More the question about a summary since I couldn't see the woods for all the trees anymore :smile:

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 06, 2002 1:55 pm

Hi Jever,
looks like you are coming from Germany.
We are the distributor for SS. Feel free to give me a call.Maybe I can give you all the informations you need.

Sven

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:24 pm

TO SVEN:

Hi SVEN. A bit off topic, but do you know what the price will be if I want to upgrade the fins for my Slingshot Jarvis. I heard that they are comming with some new better carbon fins?

BR

Heine

Dr.Gonzo
Frequent Poster

Postby Dr.Gonzo » Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:59 pm

Jerver,

Having well tested the new 13 Fuel I can say its a great kite and massively improved on previous 'bigger' fuels but I am 90kg and ride maxed and I honestly don't think you can hold it down in 30 knots. I was riding in increasing winds and was starting to get blown out of the water in gusts around 25-30. I was on longer lines though so maybe on 20m ?

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Wed Nov 06, 2002 5:32 pm

Hey Jerver, sorry mate I just started another thread and I've already written both "Slinsgshot" and "Fuel" in it.
Looks like you's up shit creek wiout yer paddle old son
Oj

jever98
Frequent Poster

Postby jever98 » Thu Nov 07, 2002 12:34 pm

On 2002-11-06 17:32, Mr Jo Macdonald wrote:
Hey Jerver, sorry mate I just started another thread and I've already written both "Slinsgshot" and "Fuel" in it.
Looks like you's up shit creek wiout yer paddle old son
Oj
Hi Jo, you're usually not so shy about writing. C'mon, how do you trim this mother? How long do you make the depower?

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Thu Nov 07, 2002 2:16 pm

Hi Jerver,
Reason I didn't answer you on this one is because I haven't tried a 2003 fuel and probably won't because I'm really happy with my 2002 fuels, great kites.
I just know what Johnny, other on the forums and my mates around here say, never seen one jellyfish btw, sounds like they are slightly higher Ar, more depower :smile: and turn faster than the old one. Maybe a little bit less low end and the top end quotes are lower too, although a 16m 2002 fuel in 20 knots is pretty extreme imo, maybe they decided to use wind ranges for kiters and not superhumans this year.

My new depower is 10 cm (43 cm) longer than the standard 33 cm. Trim is also 10 cm longer.

Basic trim for 2002/2003 fuels follows but apparently you can change the 2003 a lot too.

Lines should be equal with trim at around half or just above (longer fronts) when hooked into both chicken and fixed loops.
Or equal with trim pulled all the way down(shortest fronts) and chicken loop at the bar, same thing.
This works when attaching to same length pigtails on kite.
Fuels like flying on the back lines

The basic line trim is ok for the middle range of the kite.
If you're overpowered, use a smaller kite or attach the centre lines one or two knots lower on the middle leader line before launching, this will give you more depower.
Also you can trim the kite with the clam cleat before launching in the middle or full down in strong wind. When the kite is flying trim it so the back lines get loose when you push the bar away and all lines are taught when you pull the bar in to power the kite up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mr Jo Macdonald on 2002-11-07 15:48 ]</font>

Return to “Kitesurfing”