[ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 5:08 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 6:17 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Hi Johhny,
I hope you get better soon.

Maybe you could come and help to police our place untill you get better. Please fly with us we like responsable flyers like you are.
I like the statements you made in other threads flyers without any Q.R. or Wrist leash because that will really teach them for a lesson.
Bela

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 12:51 am 
I agree with this theory from Big Air vs Technical Tricks.

"I have a theory....

Riders who concentrate on the technical tricks tend to be the ones that do thier stuff close to the beach and infront of the crowds. Riders who just like to go big or carve tend to move offshore and find plenty of space to ride in. The reason I think this is so is that technical tricks are not functional manouvers, so the rider gets bored of them pretty quick, that is why they need to show them off infront of others to get get any pleasure out of it. Whereas boosting big airs and doing smooth functional transitions and carves is very rewarding to the rider so he is more than happy be out back playing alone.

For example, Whilst I can appreciate how difficult it is to take off the board pass it behind you and put it back on I cant say I really see the point in it, other than to show everyone that you can do it. So if you do this trick you have to do it near the beach where others can see how good you are, otherwise whats the point?

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2