All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:06 pm 
Rare Poster

Thanks for the input guys. Some good ideas as well. I'll make note of them.

Your kind words on my health make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside....NOT! But I certainly appreciate them just the same. I woke up today actually feeling better than expected...so hopefully I'll be back to 100% in very short time.

Quote:
On 2002-11-06 06:52, bob wrote:
nice suggestion TBKS, everything that can help the sport growing to more safety is good, strange though that people can buy very expensive kites but then don't have a budget for a helmet anymore,... I think we should use the moto " safety first " .

get well fast !!!
cheers

We know most CAN afford them, but we dont buy them. Maybe if we can get some to the public at cost, someone WOULD buy them and maybe even use them. This would help to promote the sell of them in general and maybe help to promote the use of them.

Someone is going to have to be the billboard if no one is using helmets in your area. I hope this doesn't stop you from wearing one. Even if you are the only guy on the beach wearing it, do it...set that example! Is being concerned about our own well beings something to be embarrassed I'm one of the only guys at the local launch not being snap shackled in...and I don't let the pressure change my ways on it either. In fact, when someone makes a mention of it, I try to point out the dangers associated with it that I DONT like for them.

Gotta go.....
Later
Johnny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 9:14 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Hey Johnny,
Sorry to hear about the accident but
get prepared for the most fustrating few weeks off your live. I was recently out of action for 2 1/2 months with a broken ankle. I swear by time you have recovered the rhino 4, X2000 and many more kites wil have been released.
Keep it flyin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 9:22 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Hello Johnny,

Sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you bounce back quickly and are on the water in no time.

Thanks for starting a helmets at cost program. A few other retailers are doing this but it would be great to have many more following suit. It is an excellent gesture and one that should serve your customers and the sport very well. I understand that some more purpose built helmets for kiteboarding are currently under development. Hopefully there will be a good field of helmets to choose from in that not too distant future.

I will email you with further information on some helmet ideas.

Rick Iossi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 12:15 pm 
Frequent Poster

Johnny, I hope you have a speedy recovery.
I will be looking forward to yours & Rick's posts regarding helmets/saftey.
You'll be riding, (witha vengence!) in no time!
w/regards,
Kaito

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 12:39 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Hey Johnny,

Get well soon.

I have some helmet Ideas and want to discuss. drop me a private eh ?

R.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 6:57 pm 
Maybe its the manufactures who should sell helmets at cost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 7:18 am 
hey johnny, the only good thing I can think to say is "at least its winter" and it didn't kill ya, bummer, hang in there and don't get fat or youll need new stuff.
get well, and get the cash!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 1:54 pm 
Rare Poster

Dude...I HATE winter! That's why move to Florida. Once here, I learned that winters here are the windy season. DAMN! Brrr brr brr. But now I like winter...at least winter HERE. So...My backs phuctup real good at the start of our windy season. LOVELY!

Johnny

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2