[ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 9:07 am 
Frequent Poster

opps and the finish product

Rod

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 12:31 pm 
Nice work Rod, see if Adrian will give you a job!

:grin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 4:50 pm 
Frequent Poster

well, haven't posted in a long time, and will try to give my input on this matter.
If you know how to shape, their will be no difference from a plywood board to a production board except for the weight.
It's not the outline which is that important in a board, it's the concave bottom, if you look at most production board,s they have a slight concave at the bottom, and this concave is very hard to shape on wood. The fin setup is quite important but as you have ssen people ride boards with no fins, and Buzz came out now a small board with no fins but which has some deep channels, acting like some kind of fins.
If you have some wood around just give it a try put it some footstraps, cut it so it looks like a board, give it some good rails, and put yourself in the water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 12:18 am 
Medium Poster

If you want to build a lighter plywood board look at http://www.stuntkites.nl/kiteboards/vaa ... 5bouw.html
It gives the description for a 4 layer of 3.6 mm Ocumé plywood. Because the 2 middle layers are cut out you can bring down the weight. I have built 3 of these boards and they surf great, but are a little bit heavy, but verry cheap. Jumps can be made with these wood-boards, now i also ride Core-cell/epoxy/glass-boards and if i am straight I like them more than my woody's. But it has it's price and costs more time to built.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 10:49 am 
Frequent Poster

HI,

Servaas is the actual shaper of the kiteboard mentioned on the last link (woody).
http://www.stuntkites.nl/ click on kiteboards

In a couple of weeks he will publish a new shape on this website (board 9) which is improved with beter shape and building methods.

Just check this link now and then!

Have fun!

Cheers,
Robert

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Robert on 2002-11-09 10:51 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 12:20 pm 
its fine for you carny fags to use lilo's and peices of wood, but claiming performance advantages is just ridiculous and misleading. Don't you feel sorry for people who listen to idiots and end up with shit gear when they didn't need to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 1:07 pm 
Frequent Poster

dont you hate it when you barely had enough money to buy a foil and had no option but to make my your own board just to join this awesome sport. And once on the water you quickly realised that it was the fastest cheapest most rewarding thing youv'e ever made.

Well I would love to have a nice production board but working at a supermarket doesnt cut it. :sad:

I think you would have to be an idiot to go from production to ply unless you went bankrupt.

But its the fastest, cheapest way you can get to the water with a budget. Worst of all most newcomers dont know or get the wrong impressions. Which keeps them waiting and saving for months and months more.

Nothing to do about advantages or disadvantages just simply the fact that plywood boards build in and hour can cut the grade when it comes to Kitesurfing.

Have fun

Rod

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 6:49 pm 
Rare Poster

And, off course, the most import feature of a kiteboard:

its rider

There are so many different boards, but with the right skills, they all get that 10 sec. hangtime.

Shabby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 12:37 pm 
carny fags?, hey spot the person thats a sponsored rider that doesn't fork out full price for gear. It's an expensive sport, but don't forget it's meant to be fun, who gives a shit what they ride!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 1:36 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Yeah, anoneemusly ignorant snob!
I have progressed as good and better than most guys, me on a home made ply-polyester-fibreglass tank that cost me a lot of fun and experience, and oh, 60 bucks, and them on their $500 - $700 production boards.

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next