Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Lezzz Rolll...

Forum for kitesurfers
Blow Me
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Blow Me » Fri Nov 08, 2002 3:20 pm

Well, If you live in Perth (F12)...You know that the conditions have been dope these last few dayz.

I'm going out tomorrow, UnExpirienced as a Muffuc*a, and would hope that I come back in One Piece...Plan on going to Apple Cross, or Leighton--for the LoKalz...so if You See a Fly Splatted on the Walll...You Guessed it, Its me.

Wish me Luck. My Wife is Ready to Call '000'....

:wink:

shunter
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby shunter » Sat Nov 09, 2002 3:55 am

Blow me

We had a new guy go head first into the rock groyne at dutchies (north of leghtons Perth) last Night. Knocked himself out Ambo job with broken arm and few cuts and very dopey.
Very lucky that some one spoted him and got out there and pulled him out of the water

So take care if you are going to do a down winder from leightons there is dry reef and the grones to look out for. Try and come in well before the grone. Its that big black hard thing made of rocks.

About 30 + newbees out at applecross last night just crazy cant imagine what it will be like today.

Have fun

Shane

Blow Me
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Blow Me » Sat Nov 09, 2002 4:27 am

ThanX for the Headz Up.

:smile:

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Sat Nov 09, 2002 2:15 pm

About 30 + newbees out at applecross last night just crazy cant imagine what it will be like today.
Like a spaghetti western cut with the opening scenes of save soldier ryan

Stay safe man
Jo

Blow Me
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Blow Me » Sat Nov 09, 2002 3:40 pm

dude, I was just waiting for it...lol

You Rock Jo.

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Sat Nov 09, 2002 3:46 pm

So how'd it go?

Blow Me
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Blow Me » Sat Nov 09, 2002 3:52 pm

lots of 'Pockets' Which Sucks for Us Noobs. Nothing like the Previous Couple Days.

It Was Quite Difficult at times cuz You think you have it 'Locked' or 'Parked' and all of a Sudden Your Kite Would Begin to Drop...Very Hard, and Frusterating for Noobs, and Expireienced Kiters (From What I Gathered).

Other Then That, I'm Still Here, and Ready for the Next Round.

I Can't Wait for the Air! Image

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blow Me on 2002-11-09 15:53 ]</font>

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Sat Nov 09, 2002 4:19 pm

Sounds like you had a great time anyway man.
Not constant wind with lulls aren't the best I agree and you're right it sucks for all kiters, you can keep the kite in the air much better in these conditions if you don't park it at zenith or at the edge of the window, and especially low at the edge of the window where the first lull will have it away before you can go "oops". If you keep the kite moving it'll always have apparent wind and fly though slight lulls.
Move towards the wind if you can so the kite will be further inside the window and away from the edge.
Also when you're getting into your straps if you keep the kite at zenith and it catches a lull it'll die. When starting keep it to one side and not too depowered so you can depower more if neccessary to make it fly forwards. Use your board to push against its pull to keep the lines taught and keep the kite at about 10-11 oclock so if it catches a lull it'll dive, pick up speed and stabilise as you catch it obviously.
If it does start to die try pulling down hard on one side of the bar as you step/swim back so it goes into a dive, this makes the kite pick up speed and then you can turn it back upwards.
Also you can use the bar to power/depower the kite to make it fly forwards and backwards to/from the edge of the window as the wind speed changes.

Remeber to keep it away from zenith if you get a gusty day.

GO GO GO

Jo

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mr Jo Macdonald on 2002-11-09 16:27 ]</font>

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:00 pm

wow jo said it all good tips, one thing he hinted at at needs to be scremed at the top of ones voice "when your kite starts to hindenberg grab the depower above the bar and yank it in as much as you can" this should make the kite hook backup 90% of the time. Be ready to sheet out because it will power up and zoom your flying. Gusty winds should make cowards of us all, think about it!

shunter
Frequent Poster

Postby shunter » Sun Nov 10, 2002 2:40 am

Blow me if the wind didnt come in yesterday

Damm heat through (is that how ya speel it) just stayed on the coast. The river look pretty lite on yeasterday. I only managed about 1 hour out in 15 knots on the coast.

The river gets gusty at the best of times and when its light you will get wind shifts and drop outs in close to the beach further out is better, but its still one of the better places to learn ya craft. You will luv the constent wind on the coast. Hope i didnt put you off leightons as it is fine up around the foot bridge clear sandy beach for about 800 m. In around the artifical reef theres a bit of rock/limestone then clear beach again for about 800 m before the groyne/reef.

Due to the light conditions yesterday the bucket and spade brigade were hanging around and there where quite a few people on the beach.

Heat through should go thru to day and we will get 20-30 knots for the next few days.

Have fun shane

Return to “Kitesurfing”