All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 2:11 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Quote:
On 2002-11-10 05:33, Anonymous wrote:
Im using the 15 2003 with a X2 24" bar. No problem am planning to try a 20" bar next time I go out and see what it is like. Just interesting thing, was kiting with Ben Wilson last night and we both had 17 Meter 2003 fuels up, I as usual had my 24" bar and he pulled out a 17" bar. The 17 meter stillwent well with that but damn it looked small.

TRY smaller bar. I think this is your jumping issue...and probably nearly every issue you are having with the kite.

Johnny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 2:16 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Well, actually, Toby is talking like he HASN'T tried one yet. With all due respect to he, I think that maybe one should fly the new Fuel 15m before they say that having one turn too fast is not an issue. HELLO!! The new Fuels are just that for some people. Too damn fast. Notice, when people first come on here telling about their new Fuels, they will say their timing is off for jumping. Wonder why this is? Cuz the kite rocks...and it's way faster than they expect a 15 or 17m kite to be.

Using a bigger than 20 inch bar magnifies this problem for those that are having timing issues. It makes it even easier to put too much input into the kite and bar...which is what I am finding most people is doing with them at first.

The recommended settings for the Fuels are the front lines attached furthest in(furthest away from the leading edge) and the rear lines attached furthest in(furthest from the trailing edge). This MAY seem contradictory to you, especially since Slingshot has been shipping them with the pigtails on the very front and back...just making it look like I am wrong about this....but trust me. ANYWAY, ALL settings work, but I am noticing that people who use the very outside most settings are the ones coming to me the most for help with jumping. I ride with mine all the way out. OPPOSITE of what I just said is recommended DEFAULT settings. But I like a fast and nimble kite!

27 inch bar is waaay too much bar. WOAH! Use smaller bar. You are more than likely feeding the kite too much input.

I think upper wind range is going to be around 20-ish for the 17. Depends really on the rider, his weight, etc. Maybe pushing into low 20's....how extreme do you want to go?

Nice seeing the feedback on the kites! People obviously want to hear it from more than just me, so keep it coming...

[ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2